-----------------------------------------------------------

Once inside the plane we were both silent. Not a word was exchanged either between the departure or the arrival of the jet at the Calgary airport. Only when I was already in the car I had rented did I speak:

"I need you to put this blindfold on"

"Why?"

"It's a surprise"

"Alex-"

"Please" She stared at me and then sighed placing the blindfold á over her eyes.

I drove until we reached the house.

Delicately I opened Yelena's door and took her by her hands out of the car.

"Where are we?" She brought her hands to the blindfold but I stopped her from taking it off.

"When I say so, you can take it off. 1, 2, 3." Yelena took it off but simply stared at what was in front of her without saying anything. "You don't like it?" I asked worriedly. Being behind her I couldn't see her reaction. Only when she turned to me and I saw her eyes sparkle did I understand that she had liked it or even loved it after all.

"It's perfect Alex" She said staring back at the house.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As we finished packing our things, in separate rooms, Yelena came downstairs so she could cook lunch.

Although I insisted on simply being able to order something for us to eat. But to do what? She loves to cook.

"Want some help?" I asked sitting down in one of the chairs.

"No, thank you."

"Are you sure? We can cook together so even lunch gets done faster"

"I already said no Alex"

"Okay, I won't ask again" I put myself from behind and hugged her waist. "I'll set the table"

As I let go of her body I heard a sigh come out of her but I didn't take much notice.

After placing the dishes and the rest on the table I hugged her again.

"I love this smell"

"You love the smell of mac and cheese?"

"No, I love the way you smell" I spoke placing my face against her neck.

"Stop it" Yelena spoke turning to me.

"What?" I asked without letting go of her.

"Stop distracting me or we won't have lunch"

"I only told the truth. I love the way you smell, it's intoxicating" I brought my lips up to her neck to give her a soft kiss. Which made her body shiver. Slowly I faced her again but this time with our faces very close to each other.

"Alex...the food..."

"Hmm" I brushed my nose against hers as I stared at her lips. "One kiss"

"Do you think you deserve it?"

"No"

"Exactly" She said going to turn back to the countertop but before that could happen I stopped her.

"But you deserve it" I spoke before kissing her.Yelena returned my kiss bringing her hands up to my neck. And after that she pulled me away from her.

"Let's take it easy Alex. You hurt me."

"I know. And I'm going to do everything I can to be able to win you back. To win back what we had."

She just stared at me for a few seconds before she turned around and I let go of her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After we had lunch I showed her around the house and then went to my room so I could lie down for a while. However, I barely closed my eyes and Natasha came to mind.

"Fuck..."

I looked at my phone and saw 1 message from an unknown number. As I opened it I immediately realized who it was from. Talking about the devil.
I added the number before I even read the message it said:

Natasha

Why didn't you take the necklace I gave you with you?

What does it matter Natasha?

What do you mean Alex? I offered it to you to wear, not to gather dust.

Keep it. It will be worse for me if I stay with it.

As you wish...
Alex about the wedding...

There's nothing to talk about. You accepted his proposal. End of story.

Can I ask you something?

I guess you can

Can you bring something red with you to the wedding?

Okay, no problem.

Thank you.
I have to go but I want you to know that...
I miss you already.
I don't think you'll ever understand how important you are to me
But at least with Belova you are safe, safer than I could ever guarantee.

"Shit Natasha, why do you have to say these things" I sighed to myself putting a pillow over my face.

Realizing that I wasn't going to be able to sleep or even rest my head at that moment I got up and went downstairs to find Yelena on the living room couch lying down with a blanket over herself watching a movie.

"Can I join in?"

"Sure"

She moved from where she was to give me room to sit but I lay down and pulled her on top of me.

"Are you comfortable?" I asked in case she was feeling suffocated.

"Yes" Yelena snuggled her head into the crook of my neck and sighed against it making me shiver.