Marcel snorted, raising his hand for another drink. "Don't be ridiculous."

Even though he was amused, he was still slightly paying attention to what was going on in the bar and he did not fool Josh too.

~~~

Mystic Falls

Salvatore Boarding School

It had been about an hour since the revelation. They all knew it was a ploy.

Even as Alaric had done his been to have them kicked out, Liv and the headmaster opposed it.

The doppelgänger and the young Bennett witch were made to wait in the hallway outside the office.

"Come on," Ric said in the office, "Katherine is a liar. This girl is definitely one of her minions on a mission to blow up the school with everyone in it."

"I don't think so," Liv said, "we had a connection, a witch connection," she turned to the headmaster, "a Gemini connection, dad."

Joshua sighed. "Olivia, we are not disputing that. Beware that many have been waiting for our downfall, to take over as the leaders of the coven."

"But-."

"No but," Joshua said as he seat down. "If there is a possibility that the woman is doing this out of the kindness of her heart, we will all be thrilled, and if not, we have enough resources to take her down."

Alaric nodded, satisfied that at least his voice was heard as vice headmaster. "She will have to undergo the normal procedure."

"And obviously," Liv jumped in, "it will have to be right now since the students are already having dinner. No disturbance," she continued as Ric was about to object. "This might also work in her favour since she might have nowhere to go or seeking an asylum."

Alaric rolled his eyes knowing that she had a point. "I will go tell them while you prepare."

They both watch as he closed the door behind him, Olivia turning to find a not so neutral expression on her father's face.

"What is it dad?"

He shook his head whilst glaring away for a moment. "Just thinking how no matter what is done in the dark, always comes into the light."

"Maybe," she said while moving towards the desk. "But in this instance, I can't help but truly see the light, that Penelope is not just a Gemini, but one of us."

Her smile was so contagious, their faces resembled the other's.

~~~

As he closed the door, attempting not to curse out loud, he found that the two guests were sitting in the hallway, quiet, holding hands. They were obviously teleporting somehow so the vampire students couldn't listen.

"Follow me, he instructed." Never waiting or sighting behind for their movements, he took a couple turns in the hallway, till they reached another office, but was slightly smaller.

"Be sure to close the door when both your tails are fully in," he said after they started staring around, unsure of what to expect. Penny closed it slow and gently, without her hand nor paying it any attention. Not even residing a spell, still gazing around.

That was very puzzling since many of their witch students cannot master such concentration at their age. He could tell that she just thought of it and it was done, just like that.

Now he was intrigued.

He started pulling out a few books whilst Katherine tossed herself on one of the maroon couches.