Episode 04

Almost Two decades ago

Dallas, Texas

"Did you run?"

"No, just getting a fresh perspective."

"Okay. Did you find any laying on that couch for months?"

"Yes. I've just received a teaching job in France at the school of supernaturals. A fresh start, something for all three of us."

"Come on Cuz, you know I will do anything for you and my niece, but staying in one destination for the rest of my life. I don't know, it kind of feels like an arranged marriage." The younger witch busted of laughter, rubbing her swollen belly. "Is this what you want, a single mother lifestyle in another continent?"

"Yes, Lucy. It's what's best for both of us."

"Does he know?" She questioned still leaning against the door frame. She continued after she shook her head, "Uhm, okay. What are you going to do when she asks about her father?"

She frowned before turning to meet her cousin's hazel orbs. "The truth, that her father is very unpredictable. More especially when it comes to family."

"That did not stop you from sleeping with him," she ridiculed. Raising her hands up in surrender after receiving a deadly glance. "I'm not judging you know, I'm just surprised that after all the precautions that comes with being a witch, you have failed us all by not concocting a contraceptive."

"Lucy!"

"I'm not judging, just a bit curious about your scrutinizing skills that let you wind up in bed with a sociopath."

"Oh really," Bonnie hissed, "says Katherine's bitch."

As her eyes widen, a small smile graced her face. "Fine, you win this round. Thank God that bitch is not here, but I still miss her though."

"Weird," Bonnie muttered as she sat up from the couch. "I'm leaving soon, before I'm too over due to board a plane."

"Don't think this is a good idea, I mean, New York has a school for supernaturals in Philadelphia, last time I heard."

Bonnie's eyes sparkled as she smirked. "Are you asking me to stay since you'll be lonely?"

She scoffed, trying to make her next words sound convincing. "No. You and I both are the last living descendants of the Bennett bloodline, that's if your baby makes it." She continued after the younger witch was taken back. "Don't look at me like that, you know very well that I'm right since you have a kick for temporary death."

"That's all in the past now," she stated while trying not to be embarrassed.

"I get that, but what I'm trying to say is that if it is known that you have a child, a whole new generation, she might be in danger." Bonnie nodded after sort of understanding her line of thought but said nothing trying to hear where she was going. "The last thing you'll need is a paper trail that will also connects you to the Gemini coven, since you want no association with them."

"O...kay," Bonnie muttered, "meaning a whole new identity for her." Lucy nodded. "With me not being her legal mother?" She nodded again.

"I plan to do the same when the time comes." Lucy snickered when her eyes widen. "What, we both know how the world will be at stand still without the Bennett's, everything is connected to us."

"Everything?" She tilted her head after attempting to stand up, and succeeded.

"Oh Cuz, how clueless are you?" Lucy's eyes rolled unconsciously. "What on earth are you going to teach her?" She indicated her belly with her head. "So you going to let her out into this mad world without any protection? Her pardon cards?" The younger witch bit her bottom lip, tilting her head to the other side. "Oh my God Bonnie! You've never wondered how your death was always temporary? Damon knew this, that's why he never killed you, no matter how many times you've pissed him of."