Chapter 10- The Truth Always Comes Out...

Start from the beginning

"Abbey Wood's most rich dominatrix? I'm familiar." i take a sip of my now acceptable coffee to buy myself some time, unsure of his anticipated reaction to the information i'm about to deliver to him. "Well, she actually asked me out on a date funnily enough." Connor stops short at the information, clearly astonished by the information i'm feeding him, but also somewhat disappointed. "R-really?"

"Yes. She took me out for a date, it was amazing. Thank you so much for-"

"You went on a date? I- i thought you went out with some friends." as Connor cuts me off, i become very aware of his curt tone in which he's speaking to me with, his normal, cutely-spoken soft voice disappearing into the unknown. "Mm, no. It's been a while since i went on a date...since what happened with Max's father, i just haven't felt like it..."

Completely ignoring me, Connor speaks again, his facial expressions not giving anything away as to the mood he's currently in. "So, this Lauren, then...do you fancy her?" he tries to make the sentence sound as innocent as possible, but when you've known someone for so long, you become knowledgeable about digging beneath the thick layer of appearance, and finding the true emotion.

"I do, and I think she feels the same way, or at least i hope she does...i've never felt like this before, heh...anyway, thank you for taking care of Maxy. He really loves you." he manages to form a small smile, one that i can easily tell is fake. I become concerned for my friend, as this is no where near what his usual emotions are portrayed like.

"He's the least annoying toddler i've met, so i guess i kinda love him too." the more i listen to Connor's voice, my suspicions are confirmed, i can quite easily tell that he's feeling down about something, however i'm not entirely sure what it could be. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing much-" i stop him before he can tell me a fib, already knowing he will begin the usual BS that consists of sentences like 'i'm perfectly fine' and 'don't worry about me' because frankly, we all know whenever our friends say things like that, it usually means the complete opposite. "Don't lie to me, i know what that face means." Connor immediately changes his facial state, trying to cover up his messy situation, "What face?"

As i begin to form my detective personality, i cross my arms, this time with a state of dominance in me, one leg pushed forward and tapping lightly on the ground. "The totally non-convincing one that you're doing to hide it. Come on, Con. Tell me what's wrong. You know i won't stop until i find out."

Noticing my demanding tone, i can tell from the sheepish look on his face he will immediately attempt to metaphorically crawl out of my clutches, but i refuse to let him.

"Is it a girl? It's a girl isn't it? I feel like it's a girl." Connor sighs and drags his left hand down the side of his face in great depression, my pressing manner pushing an answer out of him. "Okay...it's a girl."

A triumphant grin echoes around my lips, my ego soothed as i knew my suspicions were correct. "Mm. What is she like?" he manages to stifle a smile for me all things considering, his green eyes taking a gander at my cocky appearance. "She's amazing, beautiful, sexy..."

Without hesitation, i ask the obvious question, hoping i'll get an answer, but knowing i most likely won't. "Who is it?"

"Your mom." i roll my eyes skyward, growing tired of the same joke i've heard since high school. Seriously, Connor? The 'your mom' jokes? They're getting a tad old now mate, even for me.

I hit him back with a rebuttal, "Considering my mom was a complete bitch, what a poor choice on your part. C'mon, tell me who it is!" i urge, becoming increasingly aware how immature i sound but i find it hard to care.