Part 7

Karan wakes up and for a moment forgetting all about what had happened yesterday calls out, "Preeta."

On getting no response Karan remembers everything that had occurred the previous night because of his and most of his family's stupid mistakes and fresh set of tears arise. Karan closes his eyes and remembers Preeta's laugh, her smile, all the times they would call each other names and all the times she was in her arms. Karan wipes his tears and tries and goes down to the living room of Luthra mansion, which was now full of gloominess and sadness, because the person a lot of them had wanted gone for a while now, was finally gone.

Karan looks around and sees everyone there looking depressed, sad and guilty.

Rakhi is seen crying and stammers, "Ka..Karan pl..please br..bring ba..back Pr..Preeta s..she is m..more th..than a daugh..daughter for me, pl..please."

Before Karan a noise comes from Mahesh's room, causing everyone to rush upstairs. Soon they all reach Mahesh's room and seeing Mahesh mumbling something, "Preeta... is.. innocent.. Sherlyn.. is.. not.. good.. Preeta... is... innocent... Sherlyn.. is.. not.. good."

"Bhai is saying the same thing over and over, Karan beta please call the doctor quickly," Kareena says worriedly. Karan calls the doctor and asks him to come over quickly.

The doctor arrives at Luthra house and goes into Mahesh's room to check on him.

Everyone in Luthra house is pacing up and down outside of Mahesh's room and as soon as the doctor comes out Karan asks, "how is dad? Is he alright? It's nothing to worry about na?"

"No, no, I have very good news in fact. Mahesh has come out of his coma but he will need to use a wheelchair for a little while, he was mumbling because he wanted to tell you guys something important I guess, you can all go and meet him but I suggest you all do not go to him at one time so that he doesn't feel crow" the doctor replies, giving everyone a temporary happiness but soon all get reminded of the reason Preeta had married Karan again and all become guilty and sad. The doctor leaves.

"Karan, Rishabh and Rakhi you three go in and the rest of us will wait a little as we don't want Mahesh to feel crowed," Bani Dadi says.

"Okay Mummy ji," Rakhi replies and take Karan and Rishabh with her into Mahesh's room.

"You three are here first, good. I need to tell you something very important," Mahesh says.

"What is it dad?" Karan asks.

"The day Preeta accused Sherlyn of a bunch of things, I found that all accusations she put on Sherlyn were true, Preeta just didn't know that it was Prithvi who Sherlyn was married to and please tell me that Preeta and Prithvi have not gotten married yet," Mahesh says.

"No Mahesh ji, Preeta was about to get married to Prithvi but instead she has gotten married to Karan, but she left this house only yesterday because.............," Rakhi finishes explaining everything that occurred.

"What, I do not want to talk to anyone in this house anymore, I will talk to you Rakhi ji, Rishabh and Sameer, but everyone else no," Mahesh declares and Bani Dadi heard this and was even more broken.

"But Mahesh ji, you should talk with Karan, Mummy ji and Kareena Di, they are all your family," Rakhi says.

"No Rakhi ji, I will not talk with people who have done wrong with my daughter-in-law. Rishabh puttar I want to go and meet Preeta can you take me there?" Mahesh replies.

Bani Dadi leaves the door and goes back outside and tells everyone what happened inside.

"Okay Dad," Rishabh helps Mahesh get on the wheelchair and takes to his car and leaves to go to Preeta's.

Karan thinks, now my own dad doesn't even want to keep any relation with me, when I have a blood relation with me so why would Preeta want to keep a relation with me. But what can I do I can't just forget Preeta, I love her and I already miss her so how will I survive without her for the rest of my life. I need to gain her trust but how? If I gain her trust only then she will forgive me, at least then only dad will be angry with me and Preeta and I could figure out how to make dad forgive me. But Preeta's not with me and she wants a divorce from me as well.

A few tears escape Karan's eyes and he wipes them quickly, hoping that no one notices the tears.
However, Rakhi had noticed the tears that rolled down her youngest son's cheeks and she had not failed to notice the sadness in his eyes either, she knew the reason was that Preeta had left them but she also knew Preeta was right in her place, another thing she was certain of was that the only way to give peace to Karan was Preeta returning, which was near impossible. Karan rushes to his room and Rakhi follows him.

================================================================================================================================================================

Preeta wakes up and is about to go and wake up Karan, forgetting all about what had happened last night. Soon Preeta realises that she's in her own room, at her own house and recalls everything that has happened the previous night. Tears escape Preeta's eyes as she remembers all the good moments and memories she had shared with her so-called husband, Preeta also recalls all the bad moments, how Karan blamed her for things she never do countless times, how Karan would very rarely believe her, how Karan threw her out of Luthra House, how Karan never listened to her even after all her pleading. Preeta wipes her tears off and thinks, Karan is your past, forget him, if not for yourself then at least for your mother don't cry remembering that horrible person. Preeta goes over to the living room to join her almost happy family.

"Good morning Maa!" Preeta says, side hugging her mother.

"Good morning beta," Sarla replies.

"Hello, even I am your daughter and Di, I am your sister so where is my morning hug for both of you," Shrishti whines.

"Awe, come here," Preeta says, extending one arm for a three-way hug.

Shrishti joins in the hug and Sarla thinks, I see sadness in Preeta's eyes but I'm sorry beta, I cannot let you go back to Karan, he doesn't deserve you. If you go back there and get accused of something horrible again I could never live with myself knowing that it was my fault for sending you there. Sorry beta.

Janki and Nani are observing the family hug with a smile. The doorbell rings causing Preeta, Shrishti and Sarla to come out of their hug. Preeta goes to answer and gets happy to see Mahesh sitting there in front of her and not being able to control her happiness she hugs Mahesh and exclaims, "Mahesh Uncle! Your better! That's great news!"

Mahesh smiles and Sarla comes there and doesn't get angry for it was only Mahesh and Rishabh two people whom had supported Preeta but she doesn't get happy either.

(1198 words) chota bhi nahi bara bhi nahi

Please tell me whether or not you liked this part and if you did please vote.

Signing Off

~Riya Sharma!