Eye Contact

**Third Person POV**

Phil proceeds to follow behind Dan as they make their way to the cash register.

Dan silently rings Phil's items, feeling his eyes watching him intently.

Dan's boss walks up from behind him, placing a hand gently on his shoulder, making him wince.

"Do you need help, Dan?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at Phil.

Dan looked over his shoulder with caution, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"N-no, thanks though," he replied quietly.

Phil and his boss made eye contact, Phil raising his eyebrow questionably, chuckling under his breath and slightly smirking.

"Alright, just let me know," his boss said, eyeing Phil in a provoking way, taking his hand off of Dan's shoulder and slowly walking away.

"Want to go out for coffee?" Phil asked bluntly, a hint of frustration in his voice.

Dan grew speechless for a moment, dumbfounded by what just occurred. He proceeded to bag Phil's items, pondering if he should accept or not. He flickered his eyes up to Phil's, biting his lip.

"U-um, yes, that sounds nice," he said, giving Phil a genuine smile.

"Great, here is my number. Call me later today when you're ready, I'll come pick you up," he replied, pulling out a small paper and writing his number on it. He placed the paper onto the counter and slid it into Dan's hand.

"Okay, see you," Dan said, watching Phil walk rather sexily out of the store. He made his way to the window to watch Phil enter his car. Phil handed the bag of items to his assistant, who then placed the bag into the trunk. Phil swiftly entered the car, sitting down in the passenger seat. He rolled the window down slightly, making brief eye contact with Dan, smirking subtly. Dan blushed at the gesture and ran his hand over his heated cheek, giggling to himself.

Date with Phil Lester, he was so ready for this.

**

"Okay, just a few more pictures, how about one with a smile, Mr. Lester?" the camera man, Carlos asked.

Carlos held up the camera, taking the shots, Phil not complying with his request as he continued to give a straight face to the camera.

"Oookay, no smile then," Carlos said, chuckling as he continued to take the last bit of photos.

PJ had asked Phil to take a few photos for the paper regarding the student graduation ceremony. He accepted quickly, as he knew Dan would be there as well.

"Thanks for doing this, Mr. Lester! I really appreciate it!" PJ called out from across the room, Dan standing right beside him with his arms crossed.

"Happy to help," Phil replied with a small smile, gazing at Dan rather than PJ.

PJ laughed quietly, "you know he hasn't taken his eyes off of you this whole time, Dan."

"Really? Didn't notice," Dan replied sarcastically.

PJ bumped hips with him playfully, "and you haven't taken your eyes off of him either."

"W-what?" Dan stuttered, quickly looking at PJ, blushing intensely.

Dan attempted to look at anything but Phil, the floor, the ceiling, anything. Of course he failed, his gaze rising from the floor and back up to Phil, who was still watching him. He kept his eyes locked on Phil's, everything around him grew silent. He felt numb.

"Alright! We're finished here, thank you Mr. Lester!" Carlos said, louder than intended.

Dan jumped at his voice and laughed nervously as he walked towards Phil.

"No problem," Phil said, also making his way in Dan's direction.

"It's very nice of you to do this," Dan said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Phil nodded, raising an eyebrow at Dan's action.

"Let's go," Phil stated, nodding his head towards the doors.

Dan obliges to his request, walking by his side and out of the room, into the hallway. It looked beautiful, as the carpet was velvet red and the walls were a bright white.

"So, is he your boyfriend?" Phil asked, slowing his pace beside me.

"W-who?" Dan asked with a hint of shock in his voice.

"Carlos, the camera man. I saw the way he was looking at you."

Dan arched his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't even notice Carlos staring at him, as his eyes were fixated on Phil's the entire time.

"No, definitely not. Not my type," Dan said truthfully.

"Then it's your boss."

"No! No no no, DEFINITELY not," Dan said with defense.

Phil looked at Dan skeptically, then let out a small sigh as they exit the building and made their way to Phil's car. Phil opened the door politely for Dan to enter, and he does, smiling at Phil in acknowledgement. Phil closes the door gently and makes his way around the car and opens the door, sitting down and putting the key into the ignition, driving off rather quickly.