Backwards Kingdom

"Come on ___, Prince Malcolm will be here soon," Your maid says. You frown down at the dress.

"Coming..." You sigh, going toward the door where she waited, you were to go with your father to greet your 'fiance' when he arrived. Your maid frowns at your depressed state. You wondered if Kid had already set sail. You had wanted to talk to him again before he left, but your father had knights positioned at every exit from your room, preventing you from sneaking out.

Apparently he had heard about you socializing casually with the infamous pirate captain and didn't want to have to explain that to the prince. You look out toward the horizon as you pass the windows. A single ship could be seen and you briefly wonder if it was Kid. Your shoulders drop more, frown deepening. Or maybe it was that guy you were supposed to be marrying. Your maid glances back and frowns again.

"I'm sure he's a nice lad," She comments.

"Yeah," You murmur, not really helped by her attempt to cheer you up. She stops suddenly turning to you.

"I can't let you do this princess, please run away," She whispers. You stop, blinking at her in surprise.

"Mica, if someone hears you say that-"

"I don't care! Ive known you for years! This is the first time I've ever seen you so sad... It hurts to see you like this. You're such a good and strong princess. You deserve to be happy!" She tells you, voice steadily rising.

"Princess," Zav's voice surprises you and makes Mica pale. You both look over as the head knight approaches, eyes locking on Mica briefly before turning to you. "I've come to escort you." He informs you.

"Right..." You breathe.

~Kid P.O.V~

"What the hell is this? We're trying to leave!" Kid growls at Axel, who had a fleet of ships surrounding the pirate's.

"I can't let you go," Axel tells him.

"Oh yeah? Well too bad, we're leaving," Kid snaps. He has been in a bad mood since that night. Though he wanted to see you, he decided you would be better off with a prince then a dirty pirate like himself.

"I'll let you go on one condition," Axel says.

"Oh? And what's that?" Kid questions. Axel shifts, seeming unsure on his next set of words.

"Kidnap the princess," He requests. Kid and his crew look at him dumbfounded.

"The hell did you just say?" Kid huffs, obviously wondering if this was some bizarre dream.

"Kidnap the princess," Axel repeats, more sure of himself now.

"What the hell are you saying? Why would you want me to do that!?" Kid inquires warily. Axel hesitates to answer.

"The princess was smiling a lot after meeting you," One of knights speak up.

"She hasn't seemed so cheerful in a long time," Another puts in. Axel lets out a heavy sigh.

"We rather see her a smiling pirate than a miserable princess," He says.

"Please, the wedding is tomorrow! If you don't kidnap her tonight...." Another knight trails off rather sadly.

"We'll look the other way, so... Will you do it?" Axel inquires. All eyes were on Kid now as he silently debated. He looks back at the island, an image of you smiling flashes across his mind. Was he really gonna risk never seeing that again? He looks back to Axel and chuckles.

"Alright you backwards knights, I'll kidnap your princess," He rumbles, filling his chest swell with excitement. You were gonna be so surprised (and hopefully happy) to see him.

~Your P.O.V~

The one handed prince grins viciously at you and you feel an uneasy chill go down your spine. "Hello again Princess ___, do you remember me?" He inquires. Now that you saw his face, you knew exactly who he was.

"Yeah, you're the crazy one that had to be dragged out of the castle because you were screaming and cursing me like a banshee," You recall with a smirk. His eyes darken at that.

"___, don't speak to your future king like that," Your father growls. Your teeth grit and you had to restrain yourself from commenting with an eye roll. Now the prince smirked.

"It's fine for now, I'll just... <i>Correct</i> her after we get married," The Prince responds. Your eyetwitches and you had to bite your tongue to keep from threatening his other hand. Your urge to hack the guy before you was only stopped from the absence of your rapier. Lucky bastard.

"Good, I hope you will be able to make a proper woman out of my daughter... Come along now, we will have a banquet and then you may retire to your room and rest after your long journey," Your father tells him turning for the castle.

You put your head in your hands, wanting so badly to just leave and escape this place. You hated this. The dinner basically consisted of Malcolm vaguely hinting at abusing you after you were married. And of course you were silently restraining yourself from launching at him and turning him into a bloody mess for the maids to clean up. Your blood boiled and churned to the point that if you heard another comment from him that you'd be thrown into a killing spree.

"You look tense princess," A familiar voice comments, making you freeze and look over in shock. The red headed pirate sat on your window seal with a smirk.

"Kid..." You gasp standing up as a rush of happiness comes over you.

"Heh, surprised to see me?" He inquires, getting up and coming toward you. You smile and run over and hug him tightly.

"I'm so glad to see you," You murmur into his chest. He touches your back and you start to shake.

"___? What's wrong?" He whispers quietly. You look up at him with tears in your eyes, making him tense.

"I hate him... That bastard... I don't care if it sentences me to execution... I want to kill him..." You tell him with a shudder of blood lust, gripping his coat. He blinks and chuckles.

"How about you come with me instead?" He inquires. You blink, looking up at him in shock.

"Really?" You breathe. He nods and your eyes widen, a grin splits across your face and you kiss him heartily. Kid freezes in surprise, blushing heavily. "Take me with you, to the sea." You whisper.

"Don't have to tell me twice."