seven

07.07 * austin, tx

audriana

He smiled as I glared at him through our FaceTime call

He smiled as I glared at him through our FaceTime call. I shook my head.

"Can you smile? I said I'm sorry." His smile softened.

Marcus ended up reaching out to me through his best friend's Instagram account. He actually reached out to me last night after my dad dropped the news, but we were too caught up in family dealings for me to handle that.

So I'm handling it now.

It's only 3pm and I'm already tipsy for the day. Today is Aviana's birthday, so her, McKenzie, and I went out for brunch this morning. And let's just say, these fakes did what they were supposed to do.

Maybe a little bit of liquid courage is exactly what I need to deal with my life right now.

"No, Marcus. You had me fucked up, forreal."

He nodded. "I know, mama, and I'm sorry. That shit had my head fucked up. Put yourself in my shoes."

"I tried! I told you that you had every right to be upset by what you saw, but I asked you to trust me. You didn't. I asked you not to shut me out. You did."

"So you hate me?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, I don't hate you. I'm disappointed. I was hurt, and you had no faith in me."

"Do you accept my apology?"

I shrugged softly. "I accept your apology, but I don't forgive you yet. You gotta work for it."

"And I will."

To be honest, I never thought about how far this thing with Marcus and I could go. He's about to be a freshman football player in college soon, and I will only be a senior in high school. He already has a name for himself so you know how that goes. In plus, he could go meet some beautiful women his age or older and prefer that over me.

"Why you lookin like that?" He raised his eyebrow at me, biting the inside of his lip.

I could have told him how I really felt about the situation, and how I worried about how our bound would suffer once he starts college so I felt like detaching myself now would hurt less than detaching myself later. But, I didn't feel like getting into that right now despite how emotional I am when I'm tipsy.

This was his time to be kissing my ass.

"I'm just tired."

He pouted. "So you finna hit me back later then?"

"Yea, I'll call you later. I'm gonna take a nap."

"Aight, baby girl. Hit me later."

"I will."

After exchanging a few soft smiles, we disconnected the call. As much as I wanted to lay back and take a nap, I now had too much on my mind and I needed to vent to my good sis.