"Okay, we leave tomorrow"

-----------------------------------------------------------

After our conversation I went to prepare the trip and my bags like Yelena. Obviously the mood between us was not normal, there was tension between us and I knew I would have to work hard to get her back.

"Alex, Yelena! I need you guys! Come to the living room urgently!" Four shouted making us stop what we were doing.

"What is it?" I spoke facing everyone in the room.

"Your older brother is getting married!" Atlas said putting his arm over my shoulders.

And suddenly, my world stopped. Everything went into slow motion. My gaze slowly went to Natasha's hand where there was a beautiful ring with a pink diamond in the middle.

"So you won't say anything to your brother and sister-in-law?" He asked staring at me. And besides him, Wanda, Yelena and Natasha herself stared at me.

"Congratulations to the bride and groom. Do you have a date yet?"

"In 1 month!" He spoke excitedly.

"That's great brother. And without wanting to spoil your lead, me and Yelena have something to say too, we are going to Canada tomorrow. We will stay there until your wedding day."

"Oh this I didn't expect. For any particular reason?"

"We need some time alone if you know what I mean"

"Ah! Of course you do little sister! Of course we do!" He said and after that he plus the others walked away, leaving me and Natasha face to face.

"Congratulations Romanoff" I said forcing a smile.

"Don't go. I need you"

"We both want different things, Romanoff. You don't need me any more than I need you. My priority is Yelena" I took a deep breath before continuing. "I really hope you are happy, you deserve it. Our story ends here and now. Fortunately or unfortunately it doesn't end with us."

"Very well...but you will be there won't you? On the wedding day?"

"Of course I will. Atlas is my brother, no matter what"

I turned away from her and turned my back walking away from there. But as I turned the corner I heard Yelena's voice being projected to Natasha.

"She told me about you two. I hope you understood why we were really leaving. And I also hope you stay away from us, away from her. She was never yours. Simply because you never wanted her. You always had her right in your hands." She took a deep breath before continuing. "Don't worry, I'll take care of her better than you ever could."

"You're taking her from me, Belova..."

"She was never yours Romanoff! And you're dating her brother! In fact you're engaged to him! If you really care about Alex leave her alone!" Yelena spoke walking away.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Later Yelena came to meet me at the pool outside.

"How are you?" She asked getting into the pool.

"Fine"

"Alex you don't have to lie to me anymore"

"What do you want me to tell you? It obviously bothered me but it will pass eventually"

"See? Now you've been honest. Hopefully we'll have a good time alone in Canada."

"Yes. I've already rented an excellent house..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes"

"Do you think you will ever be able to like me the same way you like her?"

"Yelena I already told you that what I feel for her is nothing but attraction"

"Ok fine, I will rephrase my question. Do you think you will ever be able to have the same attraction for me that you feel for her?"

"Maybe, especially now that we are leaving here and they are both getting married" I said fiddling with the rings on my fingers.

"Alex I adore you, I really do, but I need to know if it's worth it for me to invest in you, in us..." She took a deep breath as she hugged her own body. "I need reassurance. I don't want to be insecure all the time."

"Yelena, look at me." I approached her, slightly lifting her chin, making her face me. "I give you the guarantee that from now on it will be just us. I guarantee that it's worth investing in us. Because I want this to work and I know you do too. So please don't give up. Not now, please."

Yelena stared at me before hugging me and saying something that made my whole body shiver:

"Thank you for those assurances, Alex...but right now those are just mere words to me..."

"I know. But I will show you that what I said is real."

"I hope so...because I like you a lot Alex Grey"

After that we both went to sleep and obviously I did not sleep with her. It wouldn't make sense and would only bring her more pain, so I went to lie down on one of the couches in the living room. Where I was supposed to spend the whole night, but it was something I couldn't do.A thousand things were going through my head and I couldn't give my body any peace.
I was going to move to Canada with Yelena, my brother was getting married, Natasha was getting married...

"Trouble falling asleep?" Wanda said sitting down next to me on the couch.

"How did you guess? Are you a witch?" I said smiling at her.

"I can tell you have a lot on your mind...and that you told Yelena the truth too. That's why you're leaving, isn't it?"

"I didn't think I was so easy to read" I spoke laying my head in her lap.

"I am your best friend, Alex. It's been many years by your side, I know you better than anyone else" She said touching my hair.

"Facts"

"Don't you think you should have a better talk with Natasha before you go?"

"Everything there was to say has been said, Wanda. Tomorrow I start a new chapter in my life, without her"