Everything will align, eventually– was what Fayd mouthed to her before hanging up on her, worrying her further. She would have been just fine if his words hadn't muddled her. His tone seemed to be cracking at the end, as if he was holding himself back from something. He asked her to pretend to know him as though they weren't after each other's throat earlier in the morning when he openly flirted with Farah in the office. He wasn't being himself and she could swear on it.

Hey
Sayrah

Who?
Ayat

Sayrah. Fayd sir's colleague
Sayrah

Who?

Oh the one that calls everyone senior?
Ayat

Not everyone
Sayrah

Ayat paused a moment as she noticed the other woman typing,

Is he with you?
Sayrah

Ayat frowned because from what she gathered from him from his call, he asked her to only pretend to know him and that he was coming to get her later in the evening after the sun set down the Arabian sea.

What no
Ayat

Okay then
Sayrah

With that Sayrah went offline. Ayat thought of sending a text again to know what she was on about. It wasn't like he hung out with her. They only met when it was necessary apart from which he wouldn't even answer her text. She shrugged it off, letting them be and went back to what she was doing before Sayrah's text interrupted. The tunes and music filled the air.

Sayrah didn't know where to look for him now that Ayat denied being with him

Sayrah didn't know where to look for him now that Ayat denied being with him. He was needed at that moment– Khalid sahb was standing on coals as he waited for him. They even went to look for him in the hospital to see whether he was paying a visit to Nazeem sahb, he wasn't there and they had to return, lying to them. Fayd wasn't there. Fayd had been ignoring everyone since the morning even though all their messages were delivered that meant he was in the city where the network was stable, still he wasn't connecting to anyone. It was as though he deliberately detached himself from everyone.

"Is he with her?" Isaa, who had started to help his baby brother, asked– distress drawing a picture into his eyes.

"No." She denied, sighing into the air as her gaze flew up to the sky. Normally she would have to smile at the sky but now she wanted to make a dua- a simple dua for him.

"So what now?" He profused, taking a glance at Adil who scowled at him.

"We have to wait until he turns up. Ain't got no choice." Adil shrugged it off, making his way to his chair and slumped on it. He withered as the cold air teased his exposed forehead.