❥035

❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥ ✧ ❥

two months. it had been almost two entire months since mavis and chris had spoken to each other.

everyday was a struggle for those that had to be around them, considering neither of them would dare to even look at each other, even in group settings.

they just couldn't do it, they couldn't agree to even have small conversations around their friends. all of them absolutely hated it, but most of them wished they would just get over their denial and admit there was something between them.

whatever was between them though, chris had convinced himself was gone.

he was sure mavis would never understand why he did what he did and said what he said, but he knew it was for her own good. he knew that there was no way she should be with him after everything he'd done to her his whole life. she deserved better than that.

chris knew she would only say that she was just as bad, but he didn't see it that way, not anymore. he didn't want to hurt her by letting her stay too close to him.

and so, he did the one thing he could think of. distancing himself from her as much as he could. the thing was, it was really hard to completely let her go when he constantly had to hang around her.

there was a reason he couldn't look at her. if he did, he knew he would fall back in, and that was something he just wouldn't let himself do.

the group were all currently at eddie's house decorating his christmas tree, talking about their upcoming break from school.

"i'm so fucking glad we only have a couple more days until christmas break." nick exclaimed, placing a rudolph ornament onto the tree.

"same, i literally hate school." briar sighed, picking up a glass snowman out of the boxes full of decor.

"all of the couples during winter are making me fucking sick, personally." matt fake gagged as he sat on the couch not participating.

"shut the fuck up, it's the season of love." nick silenced him, turning to mavis for a second.

"you know, i actually heard someone might be interested in you mavis." he wiggled his brows, already sending briar flying around so she could hear the full story.

"excuse you? why the hell didn't you tell me?" briar smacked his arm, waiting for him to spill some more information.

"ow! you bitch!" he rubbed his arm recovering from her hit, before continuing, "it's not for sure, but some of eddie's friends were talking about mason having a thing for you." nick explained.

"mason? like the one from eighth grade who took part in humiliating me in front of everyone?" mavis finally spoke up, doing her best to fight the urge to look at chris.

"um, yeah." nick replied sheepishly.

"he can fuck right off, i don't want anything to do with him." she rolled her eyes, walking away from the two excited friends to continue decorating the tree.

chris' eyes flickered over to nick with a harsh glare. he knew it wasn't his business anymore, but he really didn't want nick changing her mind about mason.