🤎Confession(47)🤎

Start from the beginning

"What a lovely couple! May God bless you." Avneet shrieked whistling. I rolled my eyes at her behaviour and came close to stand infront of Sumedh.

Our faces were inches apart whith his face leaning close to mine, I could feel my heart racing fast. Carefully I guided the tie wrapping it around his neck avoiding any eye contact. With him being so close to me, I could feel his mint breath fanning against me. Trying to avoide the tingling feeling, I slowly completed knotting his tie.

Quickly I pulled away and stood creating a safe distance between us. Today, we had done enough things, which were embarrassing both at the end.

Our heads snapped towards the door as it opened and a young woman ,looked to be my age , came walking in the room followed by Siddharth. I took in her appearance. To be honest,she was very beautiful with her blonde hair and slender figure. Although her skin complexion was dark, she looked so smart and beautiful.

"Sir, have you called me?" She asked,her eyes focused on Sumedh whose fists were clenched as he kept looking at her as if he would kill her in bare hands. But what shocked me was her attitude. She still held an expressionless face and was standing there with boldness.

"Why the fuck did you lie to my wife calling her and telling that I had an accident?" He nearly shouted. She looked at him with narrowed eyes and nodded her head in denial.

"What are you saying,Sir ? I haven't done anything like that." She replied.

"Then is my wife lying? Tell me the truth." He demanded in high tone. The receptionist now looked scared. Who wouldn't be so when Sumedh was standing with his big frame towering over you?

"Sir, I am speaking the truth. You can check the previous caller history if you want proof." She almost said with determination.

"Don't lie , you bitch. You have called Mallika and told her about the accident. We too have proof." Avneet spoke with irritation.

"Open the caller list, Mallika." She grumbled and came froward taking my phone in her hands. She opened the caller list and opened the same number from where I had got the call. The receptionist took away the phone and checked the number.

"Sir, this is not our number. Neither I use this number personally." Her revealation shocked us.

"What are you saying? It's not your number. Then who is it?" Siddharth exclaimed as he snatched away the phone from her hands. He too inspected the number. After that, he looked at Sumedh with confusion clear on his face.

"It's not really our number." He clarified.

"Exactly,I was saying the truth only. I have showed evidence too. I may be a small worker under you, don't try to underestimate or humiliate me in this way. I am too a human and I won't accept any dispute saying against me when clearly I am only here to serve for your works." The receptionist said confidently. I was quite startled with her behaviour. It was indeed difficult to reply back with the cold posture which Sumedh possessed. Shaking my head ,I looked back at Sumedh who seemed to be in deep thoughts rather than scolding the receptionist for her behaviour like I expected. However, nothing sort of that happened.

"Well, it's our mistake. We will try to investigate the main matter perfectly. " Siddharth quickly apologized and the receptionist left before giving us particularly me a look.

"Sid,I think that it's Paul's plan. We have to track down his location as soon as possible. He is still behind Mallika and is doing everything in order to win over me which I won't let happen." Sumedh grumbled and ran his hand through his hairs in frustration.

"I too think the same thing. It's probably Paul's doings. We have to be more cautious from now." Siddharth agreed. I and Avneet looked at each other with knowing looks.