Part 2: Faces of Demons.

Start from the beginning

I could still remember my first kill. My boss, Greg. I was nervous... but Jeff guided me through it. I was glad Jeff and I killed him. He didn't deserve life. All those girls he screwed on the job... he deserved to rot in hell with the rest of those bastards. I could remember his face... his petrified, pale face. He practically lost his voice at the site of my own face. He begged us not to... but I didn't care. I laughed when Jeff stabbed him. Over... and over... and over... and over until he gasped his last breath. I carved a heart in his forehead with the vase shard I wore around my neck. He tried to scream... but the blood he coughed up prevented it. I kissed his forehead before he choked to death.

That moment... I couldn't even describe the exhilaration flowing through my body. He finally got what he deserved along with hundreds of others... and my parents were next. They were the two people on this earth that deserved it more than anyone else. They deserved every bit of suffering that was coming to them... And I just couldn't wait.

"DO IT." Jeff growled. I could tell he was becoming more impatient. If I didn't act soon... he would, leaving nothing left for me.

But, no. I wanted to relish in the moment. I wanted it to last. I wanted to remember everything... down to the minutest detail. I wanted to marvel in the emotion - or lack thereof - that I momentarily felt.

But I waited too long. Jeff pushed passed me with such power, I nearly fell to the side. I glared angrily at him, but watched with curiosity as Jeff leaned over my mother. I felt Smile brush passed me just as soon as Jeff did. He followed behind Jeff closely. I looked down at Grinny who sat patiently next to me with his eyes half way closed and a cunning-like expression on his face, almost like he was smiling too... aside from the one that I already sliced in his muzzle so that he matched the rest of us. I looked back up, tilting my head to the side in such a curious manner as I watched Jeff place the tip of his knife near my mother's forehead. The knife then trailed her jawline and stopped at the corner of her mouth.

And then she stirred.

My heart felt like it was beating irregularly with my new heightened anxiety. If he didn't do it quick, my father would hurt him if he was awakened. Back when I was stilling living here, I remembered he always slept with a gun under the bed. I wasn't about to let my parents take away the one thing I loved more than anything else in this damned world.

And then my heart trembled. I watched my mother sit up, rubbing her eyes sleepily. When her eyes finally focused on the man before her, she gasped and went to scream, but Jeff clapped a hand over her mouth. "I'll slit your throat right here if you don't stay fucking quiet!" He hissed in that deep, malicious, wicked voice that never failed to send chills throughout my body. I shivered.

But my mother didn't listen to him. She NEVER listened... Even if her life depended on it. She began flailing about, screaming beneath Jeff's hand. Jeff smacked his other hand over her mouth and tried to hold her down. He was strong, but my mother was floundering about too much for him to get a good grip on her.