Chapter 26 - Facing Eachother

Next morning Sonia left when Anushka visited early. She brought breakfast and new cloths for Nandini. Vijay was also with her and gave Nandini bouquet of sunflowers.

"Thanks for the flowers" Nandini smiled as she hugged the flowers.

"I don't know what kind of flower you admire so I thought sunflower will be good since today is a fresh and warm morning "

Nandini laughed at Vijay's remark. "Sunflower would do don't worry. I am not too much with flowers"

Vijay nodded "it's good then. I don't have to look for certain flowers to make you happy"

Anushka turned her head and glared at Vijay "what do you mean by certain flowers? Mr. Malhotra does you words has another hidden meaning behind it?"

Vijay's face turned pale "I didn't mean that. You know I was saying if Nandini is not picky then I don't have to run around trying to find the flowers. Sometimes flowers are hard to get" he tried to explain.

"Oh, is that so then what about me?" Anushka raised her eyebrows.

"What about you?- I mean what about it? " Vijay smiled.

"You have the gut to mock me?" Anushka glared.

"I was not" Vijay raised his hands in the air before turning to look at Nandini "tell your sister that it was not intentional. I didn't mean anything bad" he was almost pleading with eyes.

Nandini chuckled "well, I don't know about you two" she shrugged "I was busy to guess the meaning actually "

Vijay felt betrayed. He turned to look at fuming Anushka. He tried to smile "darling you should know I didn't mean anything specially about you. It just left from my mouth"

"Really, come here, I will show you the real meaning behind it" Anushka marched towards him.

Vijay sensed the danger and flew away from the room leaving Anushka stunned. He was so fast that she didn't even saw him running. She slowly turned her head to look at Nandini.

"What was that?"

Nandini laughed "may be cyclone "

Anushka rolled her eyes and huffed "of he thinks he will get away with it because he ran away then he is really mistaking. I will have him in my hands and teach him a good lesson" she mumbled as she walk towards the beg she brought.

"He was just teasing you" Nandi smiled.

"Even though he need to get the punishment for it. How dare he do that and say I am too picky' Anushka pouted.

Nandini chuckled again "come on di, you know him we don't you?"

Anushka turned and smiled at her "I do" then she shook her head "anyway today Aunty Rina made breakfast for you. She was so focused on making healthy food. But when doctor permit you to eat some oily or spicy food she made something good"

"I will thank her after discharge" Nandini replied.

"It's nothing to worry about . She said he wanted you to get recover fast. Here she maid Chicken Ramen With Shiitake Mushrooms and Spinach for you"

"I didn't know she is interested in foreign cuisine recipes" Nandini said as she took the bowl from Anushka.

Anushka chuckled "well it was suggested that you should go to US for the therapy she thought you won't like the foods in there. It's just a trial"

"I cam can cook" Nandini laughed.

"Sure you can"

Nandini started to eat the food. It was taste was good and flavour. The soup had some spices nut not enough to harm the body. Suddenly she liked the food and it's flavour.