Chapter 11 - The Charity Owner

Next morning the Khanna family were having breakfast in the dining room. Sonia made pasta for her daughters and traditional Puri sabji for Karan. The maids were serving the foods when Sonia started the conversation.

"Yesterday was really tiring, I didn't know Rina is this active. She just laid eyes and buy it" she chuckled.

"Since it is a wedding so there will be no ends of buying things" Karan replied then took a sip of his tea.

Sonia nodded "right, I have bought the jewelries for all the functions. As for the wedding, I think I need to visit the jewelry shop again"

"Talk about your woman thing to Rina. I am not going to interfere in this matter"

Sonia frowned "what are you saying? You are the father here, you should take concern on every small things"

"Dear I am taking concern on all those matters where my attention is required. But about this shopping field, it will be better to let me off" Karan smiled at her.

"Karan Khanna you are not-"

"Mom please, what are you both doing early in the morning?" Anushka rolled her eyes "it feels more like you guys are the one who is going to get married "

Karan laughed "tell that to your mom. I am out of this"

Sonia widened her eyes "can you see how he is avoiding now?" She complained to Anushka.

"Mom please" Anushka shook her head.

Sonia sighed "fine, later take few sets of jewelry from my room. It's for Nandini"

"She didn't buy herself?" Karan frowned.

Sonia shook her head "no, she didn't even looked at it. Rina tried to give her a pink diamond set but she refused saying she don't like Diamonds"

"What?" Karan was shocked.

He still could remember the young girl running to him saying daddy can you bring me a pink diamond ring. I like diamond.

Anushka saw her parents's expression and sighed "mom please give her some time. She may be overcome from the past and start to see things differently "

Sonia smiled sadly "all these years what we are doing is to give time isn't it?"

Karan clenched his fist "of only I could go back to the time, I would have changed it" he felt anger then sighed.

Anushka hold Karan's hand "dad, that incident was unexpected. No one could have predict something like that would happen"

"But I still share the responsibility " Karan lowered his head.

"Speaking of her, where is she?" Sonia asked.

"She left early in the morning. She said she has some work" Anushka replied.

"This girl, does she hate is so much that she don't even want to eat with us?" Sonia frowned.

"Mom what are you saying?" Anushka shook her head "nothing is like that. You are overthinking. She just want to save some lone time for herself. For now just let her do what she wants, it makes her happy. Please don't interfere in her matters"

Sonia though she was sad she still nodded.

~~~~~~~~~

Malhotra Group of Industry

Manik looked at the file and frowned "what's all this?"

"The German company wants the rise the price. They are debating to accept the demand" Vijay replied calmly.