<36 - Monster>

<Tommy's POV>

I wake on my side in a bed with white sheets. I quickly sit up and look around only to realize I'm in a hospital-like room and thankfully not the lab.

But... why am I here?

Shouldn't I be with the hyrbids?

We were walking back to the hyrbids' home.

Maybe... they left me?

Probably because of the tracker or- no, they took that out?

Maybe they thought I was dead, so they left me, then someone else found me and brought me to a human hospital?

What if Wilbur got angry because I closed my eyes for too long?

I didn't mean to fall asleep...

There's something scratchy under my shirt, so I left it up slightly to see bandages wrapping around my entire torso. There's also a patch taped onto my right shoulder where the tracker was. My back is still sore, but it's no where near as bad as it was before I fell asleep.

I pull my shirt back down and look around the room.

The room just looks like a normal hospital room. There's some cabinets, medical stuff, an IV with is in my arm- what the fuck? I didn't lose that much blood did I?

I catch my reflection in a mirror on one of the walls, and my breath hitches.

There are two fuzzy, weird-raccoon-looking ears on my head and two awful looking wings behind me.

Why the fuck is that on me!?

Why are they attached to me?!

I open up the- my? wings and look at them from there. They're white but look a bit stained with red and there are natural red accents around the bottom.

They look nothing like Phil's wings.

Hell, based on what I know, they don't look like normal avian wings. They're all messed up and losing feathers. I look back at the mirror.

And how can I be two hybrids at once?

Two messed up ones, at that!

I- I'm not even a hybrid...

I'm- I'm a monster.

I- I don't belong here! What if the humans put me back into a lab?!

Then what?!

They keep putting different things into me, and I become even more of a monster!?

The door opens, causing my head to shoot in that direction.

Wilbur.

Wilbur's in the doorway.

He seems shocked and almost happy.

Is he happy I'm like this?

That I'm a monster?

His face falls as he quickly rushes over to sit next to me.