/𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘺 𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘦/

YALL WTF IK I DID NOT JUST GET 1k READS.

did you guys really think i wouldn't do a oneshot based on the mary on a cross song😏

also i love reading your guys comments, you make me laugh so hard💀, i love you guys sm.

(the boys are 16 again, 1982)

——————-

children's screams could be heard so early in the morning.

bruce was walking to school with his baseball mate, finney. their neighborhood was full of kids, so hearing screams and laughter was quite common. but these were wails of terror.

"oh look, it's pinball...." finney whispered to bruce. the two had made it to school and were walking in the foyer when they saw him.

vance hopper.

he had a bad reputation in school, for picking on little kids and his insane anger issues. if someone accidentally bumped his arm he'd beat the shit out of them, for no reason. he was quite popular despite all that, being on the football team and being a great quarterback.

currently vance was targeting his next victim, a 7th grader who thought he was king of the halls and shoved vance out of the way. and as you may have guessed, vance beat the shit outta him.

"you better run home and tell your little mommy about you getting yo ass whooped." vance snarled into the younger boys face. he let go of his hair, watching him scramble to his class, not bothering to go home since there was nothing anyone could do about it.

if vance hopper messes with you, don't try anything to get back at him.

bruce tried to scurry on to class, but of course he had to make eye contact with the bully. time seemed to stop when their eyes met. bruce could have sworn he saw a hint of calm in vance's blue optic.

but alas, their one moment of falling in love was cut short by the bell ringing, signaling 1 minute to get to class or tardy. bruce quickly said bye to finney and ran off to his Spanish level 2.

when he got to the room, his teacher gave him a welcoming smile and handed the boy todays worksheet. the teachers always liked bruce. but right before the tardy bell rang, the last person walked through the door.

vance.

the teacher looked at him in shock. he rarely ever came to class, nor did he even come in on time. he took the worksheet from the teacher and went and started down right next to bruce.

by now everyone in the classroom was watching vance, astonished that he was even there. vance could feel the kids stares. he decided to put his head down and just listen to the Spanish teacher talk.

" he probably wants to beat bruce up after class."

"poor bruce, he has to sit next to that."

"what if vance hurts bruce."

all the blonde boy could hear was their gossiping. it made him angry. he wanted to yell that them, beat all his peers until they were black and blue.

but not bruce.

he didn't want to scare him away. that's the only reason he's in class, was to see bruce. he had never seen him up close as before this morning. he had heard how popular bruce was, star student, amazing baseball player, and good with the ladies.

he wanted to be nice to bruce.

"alright students, you have the rest of the hour to complete this page, i only want the front done. it's a little difficult so you are allowed to work with your desk partner or ask me." the teacher announced. as soon as vance heard that, he clenched his fist. he's getting to talk to bruce yamada!!