Chapter Twenty

Caroline hadn't called for hours, she mentioned going to her mother's house but I didn't go because I had to handle some things. Every time I call her it goes straight to voicemail and its late now.

I got into my car and drove to the Forbes house. I slowly opened the door just in case anything was there. There was no one there but I noticed blood on the floor. It wasn't a pool but just a few unclean places. I went up to Caroline's room to get a scent so I could find her.

My heart was racing, I had no clue if she was okay or even who's blood that was. As I looked through her room for clues, something was making sense.

I called Damon Salvatore.

"Is Tyler there?"

"No, why?"

"Caroline is missing"

"Wait what?!" I heard Elena is the background

"I think it was Tyler, she's gone. I have her scent but there is blood here," I explained

"Come over," I hung up and drove to the Salvatore's.

By the time I was there, I heard crying and screaming. I ran to the door and knocked. When I came in, Elena was crying and Damon was screaming at Tyler.

When I walked into the living room, my heart stopped and my throat closed up. Caroline was present but she had a stake driven in her chest.

I ran over to the couch, I held her hand to my face. My greatest fear was right in front of me.

Before, I never thought I was scared of anything. I didn't think it was possible until I met Caroline Forbes.

To everyone's surprise, I didn't hurt Tyler or even say a word to him. He wasn't worth it.

It all felt like a dream and I was hoping to wake up soon but everything felt so real.

It felt like my world has just came crashing down, right on my chest. My heart felt like there are a million splinters inside.

I simply got up from the floor and left.

**********

I heard Elena crying and Damon screaming, before I finally opened my eyes and gasped for breath.

"Caroline?" Elena said hopefully

"What happened?" I slowly sat up

"Tyler faked your death," Damon said sourly

"Where's Klaus?!" That was my main concern at this point