𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⅪⅩ: "𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞?"

Start from the beginning

"Oh!" Mitsuri said, softly, stopping suddenly.

She pointed at a group of people lining up, across the street, "Over there, they're selling sakura mochi!"

"Ah?" Arata looked up, at Mitsuri, "Wah?"

"Sakura mochi! It's delicious... have you tried it? Let's go buy some!"

"Buy some?" Arata questioned, looking confused, "Why can't we just steal some?"

"Arata!" Mitsuri gasped, looking stern, "You can't steal! That's bad!"

"Bad?"

"Yeah! It's illegal... and imagine how upset the owners would be with you when they find out you stole from them!" Mitsuri scolded.

"They won't be upset with me," Arata mumbled, quietly so that Mitsuri would not hear, "If they don't know I  stole it,"

The three lined up with the large group of people. A fragrant, sugary smell wafted in their direction.

"It smells good!" Arata beamed, sniffing the air deeply, "I can't wait to try some!"

"It's really good, I promise!" Mitsuri smiled, enthusiastic at Arata's excitement.

They waited, looking around at their surroundings to pass time. Minutes passed, and the line didn't seem to change. Mitsuri glanced at Arata, worried that her patience was thinning. Suddenly, an idea came to mind.

"Iguro," Mitsuri leaned toward Obanai, "Why don't you take Arata to the Butterfly Mansion first? I'll stay here, buy the mochi, and catch up with you guys! Arata must be dying to see everyone again!"

Arata, who was in a bored and drowsy mood from the wait, snapped out of her stupor at Mitsuri's words. A broad smile rose to her lips.

"Oh! Yeah, okay!" Arata nodded in agreement.

"Uh, well..." Obanai replied, looking reluctant at the suggestion.

"I can't wait to see everyone again! I miss them so much!" Arata exclaimed, "Buy lots of the sack-a moo-moo, Mitsi! So we can share with everyone!"

"Okay! I will! That's settled, then!"

"Wait-"

Obanai attempted to protest but was cut off by Mitsuri placing Arata into his hands. His arms buckled under the sudden weight put on them, the umbrella swaying violently in the air, threatening to expose the sunlight onto Arata.

"Kanroji-"

"Byeeeee!" Mitsuri exclaimed, pushing the two away with an uncontrollable grin on her face.

"BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Arata yelled, waving energetically at Mitsuri.

Hehe, Mitsuri thought, watching Obanai and Arata's retreating figure, mentally patting herself on the back for her scheme, I hope they get along on the way!

.

.

.

.*Author's Note*.

Happy (early) Halloween! Sorry for the inactivity. I hope you do something fun and spooky! And involving candy. Stolen candy.

Anyway, here's a short bonus/extra (non-canon to the story) side story that takes place in the modern world. If you like it, don't forget to comment, share, and star!

.

.

.

"Tricky tree!"

The usual silence of the quiet night was broken by the pattering of footsteps across the ground, knocks on doors, and voices of children and adults alike. The full moon shone dazzlingly in the deep, dark sky, partly obscured by hazy clouds.

"Here you go! Happy Halloween, kid!"

"Fank you!"

In her large, orange, inflatable pumpkin costume, Arata waddled down the steps that lead to the door of the house. Her hand waded through the sea of candy that she stole - er, received, in her little pumpkin-shaped basket.

"My gums are decaying by just looking at that," Giyu sighed, as Arata went down the last step, her feet on the pavement of the street.

Arata gasped, looking up, "I thought you didn't like gum! You should've told me! I would've asked Muscular Sparkly Man to save you some!"

"I... what? You mean Tengen?"

"Who?"

"What?"

The two stared at each other in silence, both astounded with each other at the lack of brain cells they had.

Giyu heaved a long sigh, "Add that to my list of why I don't want to accompany you to trick-or-treat,"

"Add that to my list of why you are poo," Arata mimicked, using a low, flat voice like Giyu's.

Giyu ignored her, "Wasn't Kocho also supposed to accompany you?"

"No," Arata reminded him, "Butterfly Lady is with Mitsuri, baking cookies at the Mansion,"

"Ah," Giyu said, "There's really no one else to accompany you other than me? What about Gyomei?"

"Hmm," Arata hummed, thinking, "I think Catnapper is with Moo,"

"Why's Gyomei with Muichiro?"

"Something about making sure his face doesn't scare children for candy," Arata replied, "I think,"

Arata, sneakily-not-so-sneakily, was unwrapping a piece of chocolate. The crinkling sound nearly drowned out her words.

"Then what about Sanemi? Or Obanai?" Giyu pressed on, determined to not be stuck with Arata.

"Sah-meh 'uppo-fuh be cuh-ring," Arata mumbled, her mouth stuffed with chocolate.

"...What?"

Arata made a huge swallow, "Salami's supposed to-"

"OIIIIIII! BRAT!" An angry yell rang through the air.

"-be coming,"

Sanemi, thundering across the road with loud footsteps, swearing at a car that almost hit him, stopped in front of Arata, who beamed at him. She ran forward to hug him as a greeting, but she, or rather her inflatable costume, bounced off of Sanemi.

"You're not going to be calling me that after tonight!" Sanemi roared.

Arata stuck out her tongue, "Yeah, I will! I will win!"

"Um... what...?" Giyu interrupted, looking confused.

"I promised Salami that I would stop calling him 'Salami' if he gets more candy than me," Arata explained, then added, "Which he's not because I'm gonna win!"

"Your teeth won't be the only thing rotting, if you actually think you have a chance of winning," Sanemi spat.

Arata gasped, "Oh! You're right! I forgot to water Tan-Tan's plants today! They're gonna rot!"

"Plants won't rot after a day without water, you dumbas-"

"So..." Giyu sighed, looking tired, "Can I just leave...?"