𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅻ: "𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 '𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐡!'"

☆

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* "It's the egg-tomato owl man!" Arata gasped, pointing at Rengoku, "From the udon shop!"

Rengoku let out a hearty laugh, "Indeed! We last met at the Hashira Meeting, didn't we?"

Arata stared at him, blankly. Thinking hard, she remembered, her eyes lighting up, a soft 'Oh!' escaping from her lips.

"Oh, yeah! You were there!" Arata exclaimed, "I forgot!"

Her loud shouts, combined with Rengoku's peculiar hair and outfit, caught a lot of glances from the passerby. Rengoku laughed again at Arata's response.

"Weren't you staying with Kocho? Why are you out on this busy street, alone?" Rengoku questioned.

"Gi-Gi and I were eating moch-moch puff-puffs," Arata started to explain, letting go of Rengoku's haori and waving her hands around as she spoke, "And then we went to go eat salmon daikon, and met Butterfly Lady..."

Rengoku nodded, listening intensively.

"...And Butterfly Lady started to bully Gi-Gi," Arata continued to explain, "I won fifty bread rolls, and we went to buy more bread. I went to go steal more bread and got lost,"

"Ah, I see," Rengoku nodded again, his hands folded in his arms, "So, you're lost!"

"Yup!" Arata replied, "So, play with me until Gi-Gi and Butterfly Lady find me!"

Arata clung onto Rengoku's haori again, her hands squeezing the thin material tightly.

Rengoku stared at Arata for a few seconds, before smiling brightly, "Okay! Sure!"

Surprised, Arata looked up, at Rengoku's face, "Wha - really?"

"Yup!" He replied, laughing cheerfully, "As long as you don't stuff stale bread in my mouth again!"

Arata beamed, giggling, "Hehe, okay!"

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

The two, standing out in the crowd, walked through the streets, side by side. Talking merrily, they ignored the strangers around them glancing curiously in their direction. They passed by buildings and small shops, each with a varying an amount of customers.

"You remind me of my little brother, Senjuro!" Rengoku exclaimed, "Though, you two look and act nothing alike,"

"How would I remind you of your little brother if we're not alike?" Arata questioned, confused.

"I have no idea!"

"Oh... it must be that we're both amazing and adorable!"

"Haha, probably!" Rengoku laughed, "I would love for the two of you to meet each other one day. He's a very earnest, hard-working, and honest young man!"