𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 Ⅳ: "𝐓𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐭, 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐞𝐲!"

☆

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

..:* "I said I'm not a moon! I'm a lower moon! Number five!"

"You... five moons? Isn't there only one moon in the sky?" Arata asked, between giggles.

"A lower moon! One of-" Rui couldn't say his name, or he would die, "...His moons! He shared his blood with me!"

"Silly, the moon is o...owned by nobody, and m-made out of cheese... not blood!"

"I know that!" Rui said, frustrated but slightly entertained, "I meant - it's made out of rock! Not cheese!"

Arata stuck out her tongue, "You wrong!"

Rui felt disrespected and annoyed, but he didn't mind it all that much for some reason. To him, Arata felt more like a sibling than the other useless demons. But, all the same, he still wanted some authority.

"I'm one of Kibu- ooh - tsuji's twelve moons!" Rui exclaimed, messing up the pronunciation of his name on purpose, so he would not die.

"Cucumber moons?" Arata gasped, her eyes sparkling, "You're a cucumber moon?"

She got out of the box and started dancing, running around in circles, waving her hands.

"Cucumber moons! Cucumber moons! Cucumber moons!" She chanted.

"That doesn't even sound close..." Rui sighed.

"Cucumber moons! Cucumber moons! Cucumber moons! Cucumber moons!"

"Okay, stop," Rui said, putting his hands on each of Arata's shoulders, "Be my little sister. I'll be your big brother,"

Arata blinked.

Does he mean... he wants to be friends?

She thought about it, then replied, cheerfully.

"Win me over w-with bread!" She declared.

Rui blinked.

Does she mean... she wants food?

But why bread? Demons can't eat human food. They eat humans. Is she not a demon? 

"Uh..." Rui replied, "Okay?"

He had never been given a challenge to get what he wanted. And such a confusing one, at that. He just had to make the other person fear him. It was... out of his comfort zone, yet sort of refreshing.

He looked around. There was a faint smell of bread coming from the town... but he couldn't go there, he would die. Was that the challenge? Prove his worth, his strength, go out in the sunlight, and come back alive?

"By the way, what's your name?" Rui asked, stalling for time. He wasn't that desperate to be this little demon's older brother.

"Arata!"