𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ⅪⅩ: "𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞?"

Start from the beginning

Arata, slightly bewildered, gingerly patted Obanai, who glared venomously at her, the little parts of his face that could be seen through his hand and bandages were flushed. Mitsuri continued to ramble in a pitch higher than she usually talked, completely flustered.

"I...I'm sorry...?" Arata mumbled, perplexed at the effect her words had.

"No, no, i-it's alright, Arata! You just got the wrong i-idea after all..." Mitsuri continued to blether, her face red.

"Iguro and I were just completing a mission together... it was rumored to be an Upper Rank demon so we worked together! It wasn't an Upper Rank after all, so we defeated it quickly, and saw that we had some time before the sun rose and decided to spend some time together! As fellow Hashira!" She quickly added, "Iguro asked if I had anything to do today, besides the usual stuff, and since we both had our day cleared-"

"Kanroji, I think she gets it," Obanai interrupted.

"R...Right..." Mitsuri said, feebly, her face still flushed.

There was an awkward silence hanging in the air until Arata broke it again.

"So, you two are not going to make babies?"

That led to a loud smack, another outbreak of noise, embarrassed splutters, and endless rambles.

☆ . ° ₊* .:° •. ° . ☆ • . ʕʔ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

"Arata no know what Arata did wong" Arata pouted, speaking in a baby-like tone, massaging her head where a small lump was forming.

The three, Obanai, Mitsuri, and Arata, were walking down the early morning streets toward the Butterfly Mansion, where the golden light of the rising sun was spilling everywhere. Most reluctantly, Obanai was shielding Arata from the sun by holding an umbrella, carefully, over Arata, who was being carried in Mitsuri's arms.

"You committed the crime of insulting Kanroji and I, you little sh-" Obanai said, scowling, changing the end of his sentence, "...brat,"

"Now, now..." Mitsuri sighed, her face still a little pink, "We should all get along! Iguro, that was not nice!"

She was referring to the fact that, from his embarrassment, he had hit Arata on the head due to her statement about babies.

Mitsuri shot a pointed look at Obanai. Unseen by Mitsuri, who was still glaring at Obanai, Arata stuck out her tongue mockingly to Obanai, followed by heaving a quiet laugh.

This little... Obanai thought.

Clenching his teeth tightly, he muttered an apology to Arata for hitting her on the head. Immediately, Mitsuri burst into a bright smile. Obanai's annoyance melted slightly.

Arata let out a huff. She didn't like Obanai much. He reminded her of an unpleasant, cranky old man. On the other hand, her feelings of displeasure were shared with Obanai, who thought Arata was an irksome little pest.

The three, standing out in the bland, dull streets, with their eccentric clothing and hairstyle, walked on, not saying a word to each other. Mitsuri hummed slightly as they walked, Arata snuggling close to her, and Obanai looking around the street, occasionally glancing at Arata, to make sure the umbrella was covering her from the sun properly.

As they walked, toward the Butterfly Mansion, the sounds of the street were slowly waking up with the golden sun. Stores and shops were opening, customers were entering; more voices, chatter, and conversations joined the footsteps across the pavement.