Trust

The dark forces of Apokolips were defeated. Captain Marvel led the Justice League and JSA against the invaders. The hard won victory was sealed by the Captain himself when he took down Darkseid with a massive lightning strike.

So why did Diana feel betrayed?

Maybe it had to do with that little boy pumping his fist in victory as he stood on the fallen Dark Lord's chest.

She couldn't erase that image from her mind. The massive lightning that struck Darkseid hit the Captain as well. Before her very eyes, the Herculean man shrank into a tiny boy.

"Captain Marvel's really a scrawny twelve year old boy?" Wonder Woman couldn't believe her eyes.

"He's Billy. He just turned sixteen last month," Superman put his arm around her to calm her down.

Pulling away, she retorted, "That means Captain Marvel was barely ten when he joined the Justice League six years ago!"

We sent a ten year old boy to take down a blood lusted out of control Superman!?

She had been fighting alongside a little boy all this while, on the front lines.

A child regularly traded blows with beings like Darkseid without a care for his own wellbeing while the heroes hid behind him?

A little boy had tricked them into believing he was a grown man... Or an ancient flying lion if Hal and Barry were to be believed but that's beside the point.

She thought she knew the man. She even considered him to be a brother.

The jovial Captain who wore his heart on his sleeve, wasn't who he appeared to be.

She trusted him. Yet all along, all this was nothing but a big lie.

"Diana, when he transforms into Captain Marvel, he grows up physically and mentally. Captain Marvel is an adult not a child," he assured her.

"He is a child. He was a little boy when he joined the League under your recommendation. You knew?"
Diana's blood boiled as it dawned on her that her dear friend, Clark, had deceived them all.

"Look, he would have continued saving lives as Captain Marvel whether or not he joined the Justice League. Before joining the League, he was operating solo anyway," Clark retorted.

"He was only ten then," Diana cringed at the realization they had put a ten year old in the front lines to shield fellow heroes from assaults that could kill them.

"I knew. I recommended a grown man and very capable hero into the League," Clark insisted.

"He must have punched or zapped you silly to get you to believe that," Diana spun around in a huff, coming face to face with Batman.

"Does his age really matter?" Growled Batman.

"You knew? You approved?" Bile rose up Diana's throat.
Of course he'd approve.
His Robins were ten?
Eleven at most when they started out, dressed in bright costume, facing hardened criminals as bait, while Batman lurked in the safety of shadows. She was beyond disgusted with her team mate and friend.