Chapter 15- Sister Revenge, Part 1

I barely slept all night, and when I did I dreamed about that long-lost sister of mine. I dreamed about how different my life could have been if I were to grow up with my sister by my side, and about all the possible scenarios that could have caused my sister to be long-lost.
          I woke up to Kobes ruffling my hair and him smiling at me at eight in the morning. "Good morning, love," he said.
          "Good morning," I mumbled, sad.
          "What's going on?"
          "I can't sleep. That whole sister thing kept me awake almost all night."
          "Ah. Anything I can do for you to help until we start the mission?"
          "Honestly, not really. But thank you."
          Then we walked out together to the dining room, with the files we collected yesterday laying in the middle of the table. We happened to walk out to the table at the same time as Poison, Ghoul, Jet, and Kid did, and they were curious about the files lying on the table.

Poison took a look through the files, which were mine and my long-lost sister's certificates, copies of my parents' work papers, and documentation of BLI's evil practices. "You managed to get birth certificates? Where did you find them?" they asked.
          "They were in a little room that had no cameras. Only file cabinets up to the ceiling," Kobes explained. "We passed through the camera's blind spots around the room to get there."
          "You guys got lucky," Ghoul jumped in. "I'm surprised you guys survived it."
          "Me too," I agreed. "But I also made a very shocking discovery."
          "Wow. What was it?" asked Jet, taking looks at all the files.
          "That I apparently have a long-lost sister. Look at the birth certificates."
          "You have a sister? And you never knew her and never knew that you had one!?" asked Kid, just as shocked as I am.
          "Yeah, that does happen," I told Kid as-a-matter-of-fact. "I just want answers to all of this. I could barely sleep all night because of it."
          "It was rough. But we should start that mission today guys," suggested Kobes. "Find out who this sister is or was, what happened to her, or why she and Fireball were separated."
          We took some time first to drink some coffee and get ready for the day ahead, discussing our plan for finding my sister.

Our first step? Visit Rainbow to see if she knows anything, or to get her to join the mission. If not, tell Dr. D and he'll advertise it on the radio. If no one responds to the ad in any way, well... I don't know. But I won't give up. We finished our coffee quickly then headed out. I rode with Kobes on his motorbike, the other four rode in the car together, where they kept the information.
          We rode out to her place, and I couldn't help but think of all the possibilities. What if my sister died before the Fires? What if she was killed by BLI? What if we never found her while knowing she was alive still? Or even worse, taken by BLI as one of their robots? I'm more scared for her than I am for myself...
          But we soon arrived at Rainbow's place, and I took a deep breath in before telling her the whole story of how I found out that I have a sister.
          "Damn, girl, you really have it rough. Just when things couldn't get more shocking, they do," she replied, wanting to take a look at the proof.
          "They sure do. I just want something in my life to go normal!" I exclaimed with a laugh as Poison gave her the proof. We read it with her, every little detail.

When she saw the name and the picture on my long-lost sister's birth certificate, the gasp she let out was chilling. She showed it to us and pointed at the picture with her jaw dropped. "That's me," she mumbled.
          "What!?" the rest of us let out simultaneously.
          "Really?" asked Ghoul. "Are you sure you're not just fucking around?"
          "I am. And it's a long story that I just remembered as soon as I looked at that birth certificate," she sighed.
          I put an arm around her. "So, you were my sister this whole time, and that whole time we were best friends in second grade?"
          "I guess so. And I didn't recognize you at the time as my sister. I'll tell you guys what happened though. I think it was when we were one or maybe even younger, Fireball."

Rainbow's POV

It was when Fireball and I were younger than one, actually. Before either one of us could walk. Our parents met up with a couple that wanted to adopt, at their house, and my parents chose to give me away. It's the fact that they chose between either one of us at all and not that they chose to keep Fireball over me.
          Then those adoptive "parents" they gave me away to turned out to be terrible people. Considering that they now work in the surgical drug center and drug lab of BLI, that probably says enough. Oh, and there's the fact that they gave money to Fireball's parents for me. So I was basically sold.
          At the age of eight months old, Fireball and I were still best friends back when we lived together as sisters. On the day I was sold away, I only cried and saw Fireball cry for me. We couldn't even talk. Why would our parents or my adoptive "parents" do this?

I told the team the whole story just like that, not shedding a single tear until Fireball hugged me. "How would you like to come live with us? I'm sure we have space for you," she offered.
          I looked at the rest of the team for their approval. "Is that okay with you guys?"
          "Of course!" answered Poison.
          "Why would we not let you?" asked Jet. "You've been separated from your sister for too long now. You two deserve time together."
          Then everyone offered to help me move my necessities from my place into the trunk of their car, which took a few hours because we were stuck with a lot of Drac battles in between. I fought alongside my sister for most of them, guarding the car so none of the Dracs would steal our things.

When we arrived later at the Diner, I felt so much better about not living alone anymore. I roomed with Fireball and Kobra, and looked forward to the mission for revenge that was ahead tomorrow.