23

Hey imagine writing this whole chapter then deciding you hate it and deleting the whole thing? Haha could never. Also, may or may not have written a shadow monster x Kusuke crackfic that will never see the light of day. Anyway--

A girl ran down a dark hallway, screaming and running into things as she tried to escape with her life. She threw open a door and slammed it shut behind her, pressing her back against it as whatever was chasing her (a monster? Demon? She did not know) beat on the door hard enough to rattle the entire room.

Until it stopped.

All was quiet, save for her ragged breaths as she locked the door and backed against the wall opposite of said door. She had not paid attention to where she was before, however she ended up in a closet. The lights were out and the coats and shirts hanging on either side of her seemed to close in on her.

A small shift-- movement that was not her own was the only heads up she got before a hand wrapped itself around her neck. She screamed at the contact, the sound was cut off indefinitely as those clawed fingers tore into her throat and pulled her head clean off her body.

(Y/n) gave a soft snort at the overly gory death. He glanced up towards Kusuo. "Sorry" He whispered. An unvoiced laugh existed in his tone, "but that death was a bit obvious. Why would she corner herself instead of continuing down the hall?"

If he were being honest, Kusuo had not been paying nearly enough attention to the movie to know just how obvious the death was. The movie chosen was horror (just as (Y/n) had suggested earlier that day) and despite not being too terribly frightened by the over the top scares, (Y/n) still curled himself up against Kusuo's side.

As the movie came to an end-- the post credits scene hinting at an unnecessary sequel-- (Y/n) migrated from Kusuo's side to draping himself across the psychic's lap with an amused laugh. "That sucked" He tilted his head up to meet the other's eyes, "Let's watch another!" His grin was far too cheesy to be genuine and yet Kusuo found himself scrolling through various streaming seriousness to find a movie (Y/n) deemed "decently horrible".

It was the kind of moment that felt far too nice for anything Kusuo ever imagined himself taking part in. However, it was also far too nice for him to even think about ruining it, despite his arm-- that up until (Y/n) moved, had been awkwardly draped behind the boy-- falling asleep four deaths ago.

"Oooo do that one!" (Y/n) chirped, snapping Kusuo out of his thoughts while pointing at a movie.

The movie in question was one the psychic had never heard of or cared to watch until then. It was called Screech and the cover depicted the face of a shocked woman and a small group of people staring into the camera under her.

(Y/n) continuously chanted "please be a parody" the whole time it loaded. Kusuo decided to go on and get comfortable because there was no way he was going to disturb the excited boy. That, and his leg was already attempting to fall asleep.

~~~~~

Kusuke hummed to himself; a single note lasting only a mere second. His pencil tapped rhythmically against a sheet of notebook paper that was practically stained black with the amount of scribbly notes spread across it. The readings his computer were spitting out were truly a sight to behold. It would not be too long until it was ready for extraction. 

The large machine behind him gave an odd hiss that the blonde regarded with a quick glance. Who knew such a colossal failure would birth his newest fixation. This machine-- a complex structure to form a bridge that Kusuke was supposed to be able to use at will-- not only refused to do as it was programmed, but also all but shut down after a single use. A use he did not even authorize nonetheless. It simply decided to do so. 

And on top of all that, instead of bringing another Kusuke to England-- someone he could get along with and bounce ideas off of, the machine spit some random kid out at his brother's school. 

His original plan was to ignore the boy and try again with the machine, but then (Y/n) began to get close to Kusuo. The more shocking news would be that his closed off brother seemed to let him. 

He had to meet him, something that proved fairly easy with all of those beautiful signals he was unknowingly putting out. Signals Kusuke could easily track. 

But then it started to show up. 

At first Kusuke disregarded it as off readings. But then it started to effect not only (Y/n), but Kusuke's machines as well. The amount of times even in the last week that his lab was almost destroyed by it was giving him a headache (seven. Seven times. He planned on keeping track in case he needed it to prove a point).

As interesting as (Y/n) was, he was quickly becoming far too much of a  hassle. Kusuke appreciated him for tearing a huge hole in his brother's defenses, but it would be no use to him if he were to die (plus that would be wildly inconvenient).

Perhaps his plan would have to run a few weeks before schedule. "Oh, Kusuo" He cooed to his brother, as if he could hear him, "I think I finally got you!"

Sorry it's a short chapter. It's 2 in the morning and I'm sleepy. I'm hyperfixating HARD on Omori to the point where it's kinda hard to focus on much else but it'll pass eventually. That's kinda why it took so long to post this chapter :T

Anyway, I'mma go to bed