Prolouge

thanks to pranxtor for making me an awesome cover :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The early morning sun poured into the little clearing, filling it with light and warmth.  The first wildflowers of the season could be seen hiding behind the thick oak trees. A horse was cropping the short grass. It was a beautiful scene, and Luke would have no doubt enjoying it, had he not been tending to the gaping wound in his thigh. It was not too deep, but he cussed none the less as he tied the rough bandage around it. Luke had been unlucky enough to let the bandit’s knife graze his leg as he had run past him. Over the last few hours it had grow steadily more painful, until Luke could bare it no more. He had lead Albeard, his horse, into this small clearing, and stiffly dismounted. After collapsing to the ground, Luke took a few minutes to recover from the long night, before looking at his leg. Now he had finished, he looked down at his handiwork. It wasn’t pretty, but it would do. The last few years, and in particular, months, had been had for Luke. He was about to enter his fourth year away from home, and he knew he would not be returning anytime soon. To return without completing you quest was unimaginable, and the punishment severe. And his quest was to finds the Great Library. How stupid he had been all those years ago. The Great Library was said to contain every piece of information that has every existed. The only problem was, the legend continues to say that mankind had used the wealth of knowledge for centuries for personal gain before the gods had grown weary of this destruction and sunk the Library below ground, so that it could only be found by those who wanted to create, not destroy. And so Luke had set out, on his 21st birthday, to become one of those people. And here he was, sitting in a small clearing, with a gash in his leg, and swearing under his breath at the pain. Here he was, hundreds of kilometres away from home, and tomorrow was Luke’s 25th birthday.