Chapter 64: This way

Despite not having her own body, Deidamia was content where she stayed

Despite not having her own body, Deidamia was content where she stayed. She breaths in calmness and tranquility as the silence in her realm surrounds her. She slumbers on her throne peacefully. Her fiery burgundy braids and twists flow in her wind slightly, the same way the flowers in her garden dance.

She slept but dreamt of nothing. Maybe curses don't get to dream. Maybe it's only herself that doesn't get to. She didn't know, yet her rest remained undisturbed.

Until a voice whispers in her ear, "You can't forget me."

Her striking yellow eyes snap open, her pupils dilating at the eerie statement that came and went like the wind. She inhaled sharply, looking around, still sitting in her throne.

She didn't understand why she was so afraid. Her limbs wouldn't stop shaking.

Just what was it that spoke to her?

And why was an Aster flower resting on her lap?

"Y/n! The last one! Behind you!" Megumi warned.

"Got it." You say, almost bored, swiping your Jupiter daggers in an 'x' across the curse's body. It's limbs convulsing from the sensation of Jupiter's atmosphere.

It's on the ground, desperately tugging at the end of your pants in a final attempt at killing you. Your eyes simply stare at the creature and it's pathetic struggle.

"Itadori!" You kick the curse his way, him dealing it's final blow with only one fist.

The tail of your coat flies with the cool breeze, your distracted gaze trained on the sunrise that hardly peeks over the horizon.

Traveling with the two boys felt... incomplete. Nobara was supposed to be here. She was supposed to be telling you how your new outfit fit you nicely. And you were supposed to tell her that she could have it if she wanted it.

But now instead of a core four, the group is rendered to a trio. And even that can change in an instant.

"Y/n, let's get going." Megumi walks up to you. You turn to face him and supply a curt nod.