~5~ Admitting.

~sal~
My mask is carelessly strewn aside my desk on the floor, my eye in the cup and my hair, greasy falling across my Ugly face. I suddenly become aware of something entangled with my legs. Shit, it's Travis. I carefully slide mine from his, he stirs as I pull myself out of bed. i pick my mask up from off my bedroom floor and stumble into the brightly lit bathroom. I glide my glass eye in, take my depression meds and hop in the shower.
I stumble back into my room to see , sleepy Travis sat dishevelled on my bed.
"Morning" I say sliding a thin black Sf shirt over my thin, pale torso.
"ngmh" he grunts at me rubbing his ,un-bruised eye.
"it's Sunday dude"i say sitting myself next to the beaten up boy.
"Oh" he says, in his usual sorrow tone.
"I normally just kinda piss about round here, you...?" i say getting up to search through my draws  for a pair of jeans which smell the cleanest.
"SALLY FACE" rings my walkie talkie.
"larry faceeee" I groan back
"watcha doing" he mutters, his usual raspy voice  trailing through the speaker
"Church boy is sat on my bed right now, you" i mutter travises eyes widening at the nick name.
larry whistles down the speaker, and Travis turns away as to hide the  crimson painting his bruised tan face, He's hiding something.
"u wish "  i grunt, travises oddly interesting face remains in view, or I just don't take my eyes of the boy.
"Sal, me and ash have a date later"
"larry, Larry Johnson you're going on a date!!!???"
I question,  Travis glares up at me, confused.
"yeah, dude I'm shittin myself "Larry says as i sit next to Travis,  who almost instinctively leans on my shoulder. I don't dare move him.
"Whyyyyy, your crush on her was embarrassing" I tease watching Travis giggle, a faint smile peering across his often depressed face. I'm helping him.... maby....
"it wasn't...." Larry mutters , a while banging around rings behind him.
"please say you're not wearing the same jeans as yesterday " I grunt at his grubbyness.
"hmmm" He says "I got to gooooo" and I drop the small hunk of black faded plastic onto the puffy duvet infront of me.
"so..." I trail off "what do you do on weekends"
"Church.." he says clasping the rosary beads around his neck.
"mmm" I say thinking of random shit to do "you ever tryed skating... stupid idea I know but...."
"sure" he says butting in "Why not".
I smile at him, passing over a baggy Sf shirt to the boy. Puzzled eyes look up at me,
"wear it" I say " you wore that yesterday"
"do u mind" he says , I question it for a second before stepping out into the living room, the door creaking on its hinges as it shuts. I take the time he's putting on the shirt to go grab a glass of water... to drink. Travis stands in my door way, the faded grey shirt hanging loosely of his boney torso. His hair more fluffed up than usual.
"oooh looking good travy" I say watching him get flustered "I think I left my old skateboard over at larrys".
I stumble around looking for my keys , I grab my new but worn board which was leaning against the wall next to my front door, Travis following. the elevator plays soft piano...Todd. as we make our way to Larry's. Lisa let's us in and I grab the board.

we find the smoothest path near the apartments.  Dad is over at Lisa's  so we've got like a whole day... um  I have a whole day with him. dude, I HAVE A CRUSH ON TRAVIS PHELPS. shit.

After hours of falling, bruised knees and blood.
my watch reading 4 pm we are bored, Very, Very bored.
"UUUUUUGGGHHHHHH" I grumble sitting on the brick wall outside of the apartments, this wall is practically DECAYING if  Travis decides to sit next to me and it might just collapse.
"wanna get snacks and watch a movie" i suggest.
"I've never watched a movie " he mutteters "well  religious ones in church."
I don't respond, I don't really know how too.
on the short walk to the nearest dodgy gass station.
the doors squeak open, I run to the back and grab a can of monster.
"sal , that's gonna kill you" Travis says going for a bottle of water, I place my hand on his.
"yeah , travis that's the point" I say taking my hand of his once I've realised what I did "try this dude" I pass to him a can of monster.

"Oh ok" he says as I pull 3 bags of chips of the shelf and wonder over to the self serve point. on the way out I sneak behind the counter for ciggies.
"dude" he says as I smirk at him.
"whatt, you are aware that me and Larry broke like all the security And Todd works here so he let's me" I say "deffo legal"..
We walk back nattering, like freinds, freinds...
I sit on the leather couch. snacks infront of me. the sun beginning to set
After we get through about 3 films, Travis almost asleep mindlessly leaning on my shoulder.
"sal" a tired voice mutters.
"mhm" I say
"I have to tell you something" he mutters
"what" I say the TV blaring something I'm barely paying attention, faint blond hair is almost making its way into my masks mouth , and that is only hanging on whith one strap.
"please don't hate me" I feel myself getting anxious " I think I like you " he says his voice almost uncomprehendible.
"you are..." I say we don't dare move "I think I do too.."
"wait...really"he responds. turning to face me.
"yeah"...

~977 words ~