The end: Tragedy

During the second year of my middle school, I got severely ill, because of ongoing flu. I went absent for a whole month. I lamented on the fact my classes are in ruins as well as my training in dojo.

Eunha disappeared in the mist of our busy schedule as Julia and Lily were preparing to change schools in the third year of middle school. As soon as I recovered, I went back to school and Eunha started acting different and cold. Lily and Julia were both busy in transferring schools, and I didn't pay attention because I had to catch up on loads of school work.

My training got quite rigid, I didn't bother her or either cared. We both were together, as we entered our first year yet we didn't have words between us.
Time went by, and even though Eunha was silent, she was present besides me but it felt like she wasn't. Her mind and conscious was somewhere else.

One evening, before our third year end exams, I was sitting with Eunha on the rooftop. I finally asked her

"What's wrong? You don't talk much?" I asked as wind was making its crisp noises against the metal grilling of the rooftop.

"Its an year, and now you are asking?" she asked with a smile, and that smile seemed so dissimilar from the look in her eyes that I gulped in fear, perhaps that fear was guilt.

My words were caught in my throat, as I managed to say
"Wha..t d..o y..you m..mean?" .

The winds softened as the sun's glowing last hue was murmuring its goodbye.

"Nothing, lets get back to studying" The stinginess in her voice caught me off gaurd as her blowing hair disguised her face as well as expressions.

This was my only conversation with Eunha. After exams, I went abroad and when I came back to Korea, I couldn't get in touch with her. I, even visited dojo, but it was closed due to personal problems. As it was already late at nighy, I called lily.

"Hey" I muttered at the phone.

"Yes, Selena before you could say anything I want to tell you that, in this area there are rumours of notorious middle school union of thugs, their emerging leader is Baekjin Na or something-"

I interrupted her in between and asked
"Have you seen Eunha?"

"N..no" Lily hesitated and hung up the phone. I was sitting at the threshold of the dojo, legs were crouched and my forearms were wrapped around my arms.
The bitter winter winds swept through me like cold ice. I was contemplating where I was wrong, something in her life seemed so erroneous that I turned a blind eye to it.
I looked up at the dark sky, which was limitless, my pang of guilt, felt just like that- limitless.

"HELPPPP MEEE"
A chilling shriek rang in the utmost quiet surroundings. My, every instinct, almost honed to perfection felt alert and aware. It was Eunha's voice. It was coming from the backyard of her home.
Startled as I was, my feet ran towards the voice asking for help. My insides went churning as I looked at what was happening.

The streetlight above the scene clicked and I saw that Eunha's clothes were torn and tattered, her flesh which was peeking out was full of wounds and untreated scars. They were glittering under the golden light. She had a huge slanting cut on her face. The blood on the cut wasn't fresh but it had withered away, forming the smears of brown.

A short guy, almost my height. He didn't look much older, his fists were in Eunha's hair and he was on the top of her. Eunha's jeans were down. I understood what was happening. I wanted to throw up and run away. At the same time, I was filled with rage. I ran towards the guy and kicked at his shoulder with all my strength. He fell back, his member was exposed.