"I understand" I huffed in my mind but it came almost out like a whisper. My mother is staring at me like I'm a ticking time bomb on its last five seconds about to explode, I don't want to give her the satisfaction so I pop the seasoned potatoes with carrots into my mouth, there's also a hunk of pot roast on my plate but I am not in the mood to chew excessively through the fatty meat.

"See honey, she's taking it like a champ and is still our little girl, always have been and always will be." As he pops a chuck of roast beef in his mouth and as expected is chewing down like the meat is stingy and is holding on like hands across America.

After a dreadful evening consisting of catching my mother give me silent glances and every now and then saying things insinuating that moving cities was beneficial for all of us and that she has a feeling things will turn around for us all, when I know she really means me and then my father blabbing about the structure of a castle that popped up on his Instagram reel, almost crying. I shower thinking about how at first my internal thoughts were unbearable but now, i think it's the inner thoughts of my Mother and Father coming into existence.

As I lay into my bed romanticizing the nothingness of it all, the medication hasn't worn off from all the months Sunny Days shoved them down my throat. Drifting away into a sleep that I seemed to always chase at Hell for Days.

August 13th 2:22 pm

"Psychiatrists are just like that hun" my mother protested as we stroll past the stores of the mall "give her and this arrangement a chance" she said in her light monotone voice but I'm not dull minded and know it was more of a demand. The psychiatrist on the other hand was very dull minded, constantly asking me to break down every answer to her question when it doesn't take much but common sense and logical thinking. One could say I did cooperate though, that is why my mother decided to treat me to a shopping spree to of which, I couldn't turn down.

As we enter the high end store I couldn't help but feel out of place in the store that concludes what one would call formal minimalist, I imagine my mother buying up the whole store and strutting into her firm knowing all eyes are on her. "I'm going to go get a pretzel" I tell her, not even bothering to be subtle she sizes me up and finally humms a response. This woman acts like she'd seen my hit list and her name was in red underlined.

As I finish my order I am approached by a dark haired girl who looks like she's ready for an argument at any second and a brown haired timid looking boy.

"Hi I'm Veronica and this is my best friend James, we're asking as many people as we can if James crush is leading him on or has a thing for our lover boy, and well you looked promising—-"

"I'm intrigued... Go on."
I answer back she stares at me for a bit and goes on, the boy, James has a wave of nervousness on his face. "James has been talking to Ashton for the past six months and has been giving him mixed signals until of last weekend where he asked James out on an intimate date-" "It's not a date, we're just hanging out." He interrupts "You call it a hang out I call it a date." She added then turns to me, I'm not sure how I got twisted into this because it feels as if I've known them forever and got pulled into an argument and have to choose a side. "It sounds like a date to me." I find myself smiling for the first time after being back from Hell for Days.

"See I told you" she says excitedly.

"I'm not going to get my hopes up and still call it a casual hang out."

"Whatever, what's your story telling by your body language and the fact that I've never seen you before you're new." She adds staring deeply into me, she has eyes of blue—-light blue like the sky during an evening of nothing but sun.