[It is Chernicia's duty to protect the weak.]

Suddenly, I remembered something Grandpa Gunter had said while stroking my hair a long time ago.

Grandpa Gunther told me when I was young.

Chernicia, the leader of the land who saved the world covered with ancient monsters. And about our family that succeeded.

[Never forget that you are Chernicia.]

I was moved to tears by the warm voice of Grandpa Gunter, whom I remembered after a long time.

As Oswald's illegitimate child, I was able to grow up relying on Chernicia's upholding to protect the weak.

I had always been proud that I was Chernicia and tried my best.

However, the Chernicia mansion burned in front of my eyes and brother Richard's neck fell.

My proud Chernicia had taken on an absurd stigma and was now a lost name.

No one remembered the past achievements that we once had by protecting the weak.

Again, that fact was embarrassing.

'Now I'm not even Chernicia, well.'

With a broken heart, I made a promise to myself.

I don't really care if the demons appear and threaten the people of Arbella...

What is important to me is to spend a peaceful life in the mansion overlooking the dreamy trees and the lake with my lovely squirrel warriors.

But the very next day, my promise was shattered.

****

The sword in my hand moved in a long trajectory over the air.

Whoosh!

Each time, dozens of demonic monsters fell and splattered black blood.

Kahhhhh!

ahhhhh!

Eventually, some monsters started running away.

I squinted my eyes at the fleeing monsters and muttered inwardly.

8 Clearly, until this morning, when the sun comes up, I plan to go back to the mansion by the lake with my children.

'Damn it! I was trying not to care, but why am I doing this!'

The trouble was that while I was going downstairs to get some water, I heard people whispering.

[The knights went to the Elory Forest outside the North Gate to defeat the monsters, but they seem to be struggling.]

[It would be nice if the witch could help... ... ]

[But the witch is busy...... .]

[The witch says she has two three-year-old children.....]

I could feel people secretly staring at me.

I shouldn't have bothered with it, but I kept on worrying about it.

After all, Grandpa Gunther's voice, which I had once again recalled at that moment, stabbed my conscience for ignoring them.

In the end, I had no choice but to come out with my sword.

I didn't think this would happen, so I didn't have a proper sword.

The fact that I defeated the monster yesterday using the sword belonged to the knight I was with, not mine. It was the same logic as yesterday when Erwin knocked down a tree with the toy dagger of the squirrel warrior Jericho.