As he tried to exert more force, Yves's body began to rot from the wound.

"No, no, no...."

Surprised, Theodore quickly froze her body.

Her body froze cold.

"Why......."

Yves didn't open her eyes.

Theodore gently touched the fine silver eyelashes above her closed eyelids with his hand. She was cold and stiff.

"Yves... ."

Theodore pulled her cold body into his arms, and buried her head in his chest.

"Yves.... ."

Silent sobs floated in the air.

***

On the terrace in the warm morning sun, I was sitting opposite Benjamin and drinking tea.

'It must be all over by now.'

Yves Llewellyn, who was among the knights escorting Katarina this morning, was a fake. It was a scarecrow made by Benjamin's magic.

That day, when Benjamin came to the Imperial Palace with Katarina, I swapped with the scarecrow.

Yesterday, because I wanted to see Theodore for the last time, the scarecrow went to escort Katarina.

Taking advantage of the opportunity that came out of the palace, I went to the Imperial Palace.

Fortunately, no one noticed.

And it was there that I only found out that Theo was truly garbage that couldn't be recycled.

'He kissed a woman he doesn't even care about the day before the engagement ceremony. Terrible.'

I thought it was fortunate that he lost his memory.

Otherwise, I might have made a bad choice because I was blinded by love without knowing his true form.

'I liked him a lot...'

But I didn't like my sparkling love for the past six months to fade. So I decided to separate the Theodore I loved and the Theodore who lost his memory.

Then, surprisingly, I felt relieved.

As I was touching my lips, where Theodore's warm temperature had touched, suddenly Benjamin moved his head close to my face and sniffed.

"You smell like the emperor."

"Huh? Smell?"

"Yes, since last night... a very strong smell..."

I followed him, bowed my head and sniffed. But there was no smell.

'Theodore, too, why does everyone keep talking about my smell?'

As I mumbled inside, Benjamin paused abruptly and put down the teacup he was holding in his hand.

"What's the matter?"

"That crazy emperor......"

Benjamin muttered as if it was ridiculous.

"....?"

Looking at Benjamin, who couldn't speak, I tilted my head, and he frowned and explained.

"He took your dead body to the Imperial Palace."

"What?"

I opened my mouth wide.

"He took my body? Why?"