Part Eighteen

Two more weeks had passed and at this point I just missed my best friends. I kept thinking about it more and I realized I had been totally overreacting, but I wasn't sure it would all be okay if I just told them that. I mean I avoided them for at least a week, snapped at them during practice, and now I can't even look at them in the eye whenever we pass.

They took my "needing space" thing too literally. I mean George has been in the library with Fred everyday in the Library and they've both skipped out on everything Hermione, Harry, and Ron set up. They hadn't had any parties since either.

The only thing keeping me sane the past while has been my study sessions with Mattheo. I got to drop everything else and focus on school work (which in all honesty hasn't been as fascinating since the sneaking around with Mattheo).

He'd actually been doing fairly well so we changed 'em to be once or twice every weekend. our next one was sunday after lunch over by the quidditch field which came way too quick.

At lunch I couldn't find Mattheo and was trying to figure out where he was at but I couldn't help to sneak glances of George and Fred.

They were over laughing with some other students, all varying in schools. I couldn't help but think how happy they were. I mean, it was them. they were always happy. But I think it's just more prominent to me now that I'm not apart of it.

I finished my wrap quickly and tucked my wand back into my boots, running out of the hall as quick as could come across as casual.

I finally reached where we were meeting to find Mattheo dressed in a suit holding a bouquet of flowers. He wasn't really paying attention so he didn't see me come up.

I was super confused and once i was within earshot I called out to him, "what's the occasion weirdo?" I sorta laughed coming over assuming there was just some club meeting during lunch and he had dressed up for which thinking about wouldn't make sense since he's well... Mattheo, "got me flowers, huh?"

He looked up and gave his goofy smile I learned to love before straightening up and clearing his throat, "uh... actually yeah."

I blinked, flat out confused.

He hadn't moved as if he was expecting a response but when none came he stepped forward a little and grabbed my hand, leading me a little farther in the castle grounds.

"Mattheo if this is a prank i'm gonna kill you." he didn't say anything and the silence was kinda freaking me out so I followed it with, "and if lesson 4 is crashing a wedding you should've at least told me so I could be dressed up a little nicer I mean-"

I paused when I realized we had stopped. we were in a small clearing hidden away by trees. there were little red rose peddles around on the ground and mattheo had led us right in the middle of all of them.

He took a step back from me and gave me a little smile, "y/n?"

I looked up at him, beginning to understand where this was going. My voice came out soft, almost like a whisper, "yeah theo?"

"I know we've never really talked like this but I really need you to know. Spending the last month or so with you has been the best time I've ever had in my life. You're honestly my favorite person in the world! The way you can ramble on about anything going on and when you sigh of relief when you get your test scores back even though you knew you were gonna get the best score in the class. and the way your face lights up when-" he paused, probably realizing he was rambling a little himself.

He let out a little laugh and looked back up at me "I really like you y/n. And if you'll agree to switch this little study session to a date you'd make me the happiest guy in the wizarding world."

I was still staring into his eyes and couldn't make myself look away. I hadn't really thought too much about it but when I did I realized that in the past few weeks I had also fell in love with spending time with him. He always knew how to make me laugh or feel better about anything and his sense of humor or how he bowed his head when he was trying to hide a laugh and-

I realized we were still standing there and I hadn't said anything to him. He was biting his lip now shifting his weight between his feet a little, flowers now down by his side.

I smiled as big as I possibly could've and stepped closer to him, our bodies almost touching. I held his free fingers with mine and looked up at him again, "I would love to"

His mouth spread into the biggest smile i could imagine and without realizing, i watched him closed the distance between our lips.

I closed my eyes as I felt the warmth of his skin against mine, throwing both my arms around his neck, one hand making it's way to his hair. I faintly heard him drop the flowers on his side and felt one of his hands tracing my cheek while the other held me at the waist. His touch left my skin tingling but I never wanted it to fade.

I pulled away a little and my eyes fluttered open to find his doing the same, "oh and uh incase it wasn't obvious, I kinda really like you too."

He set his forhead against mine and let out a small laugh, pulling me into a close hug.

He kissed the top of my head before stepping to my side, lacing my hand with his. He grabbed his wand with his free hand and made a small blanket appear on the ground with a screen sitting on a table in front of it.

I laughed, "Mattheo Riddle! I cannot believe you did this"

He continued to look at me while aimlessly swishing his wand on his side, making the opening scene of Little Women appear on the screen, "Shall we?"

I led him to the blanket where we sat down, fingers still entwined and laid my head in his shoulder.

About 15 minutes into the movie I looked back up to him, "How did you know this was my favorite movie?"

He looked down at me, "oh uhm..." he squished his face a little bit, "I sorta asked George. wait! no it was Fred, sorry. George was on the field."

I shot up straight, a thousand more thoughts running through my head, the most prominent one being maybe they wouldn't be totally opposed to being friends again if they helped mattheo out?

He tilted his head at me and after a second he spoke, "go."

I looked back at him, "what?"

"Come on, I know you need to go. You gotta do it, and I wanna see you guys best friends again. I've never seen people care about each other that much so go!"

I stood there in shock for a sec before pulling myself up from the blanket and zipping my boots back on, almost falling over with how fast I was going.

I started running, like actually running, off towards the castle. As I was running I yelled back to mattheo, "Don't move!! I'll be right back i promise!!!"

Word Count 1279