Part Thirteen

Half way through my free period I couldn't take it anymore. I just wanted to go to my best friends, but I couldn't.

Afterall, they were the reason I needed an escape.

I folded all my papers and put them back in their rightful folder, placing the folders in my bag. I stood up and slung the bag around my shoulder, pulling my hair out from underneath. Walking back to the castle, I wondered what I would do the rest of the period.

I could go to the Library, I thought, Sure I'd see Fred which isn't ideal, but it's not like there's much else I can do.

Lost in thought, I ran straight into someone.

"Oh! I'm so sor-" I started, looking up.

I met Mattheo's eyes, "Y/n?"

"Mattheo?" I questioned, "I thought you had D.A.D.A. or something."

He laughed a little, "I do."

I rolled my eyes, "Why am I suprised?"

"Come on, It's not like Umbridge can teach me that much in one class period."

"I guess you're right." I shrugged, "She is kinda annoying."

"Kinda?"

He brushed his hands through his hair and put his arm around me, "So y/n,"

I looked up at him, "Hm?"

"I think it's about time for your second lesson, don't you?"

"Wait we're doing multiple?" I groaned, "I thought that party was pretty good! I mean, I snuck out past curfew and went to a party. Bonus points, I found out my suposed 'best friends' hate my own house. I think I'm all funned out."

He chuckled, "Okay, so maybe that night didn't go quite how we expected it to go, but you still had fun, right?"

We had started walking farther into the castle, but I hadn't realized that Mattheo was leading until that moment.

"Oh no." I paused, "Where are you taking me?"

"Oh..." He nagged me along, "Definitly not a seceret passage to Hogsmead if thats what your talking about. Because that would just be rediculous."

I sighed, "Mattheo, no! I can't miss school... I- That was never part of the deal! You know it's way too important to me. Plus, It's Charms! Flitwick will know something is up. And he's my head of house so even if-"

He cut me off, "You're rambling again."

I sighed, "Sorry..."

He laughed, "Don't apoligise. It's cute."

I gave him a stink face, crossed my arms, and rolled out from under his arm.

"Well, good news. We're Here!"

"Mattheo, I told you." I looked at the statue we were in front of, "Is that Gregory The Smarmy?"

"How do you-"

"Never mind that, I told you! I can't miss Charms- You can't miss charms!"

"Eh, I'll be fine. It's you anybody's worried about. But no need to stress, you still have your time turner, don't you?"

My hand flung to my chest. The time turner was safely tucked under my shirt, hidden by a charm done by Flitwick himself.

"How did you-"

"Please, you're not the only one who knows others."

I laughed a little, "Fair point. But I'm not supposed to use this for anything other than getting to all my classes."

"Okay, and we're not supposed to be going to Hogsmead, but we're going to go, and we're going to have fun, and we're going to make it back in time for silly ol' charms.

I thought it over, but ultimitly decided that whoever was out there in the universe had heard me.

This was my opertunity to escape from my thoughts.

"Fine," was all I said.

He did a little happy dance, "Yes!"

"Calm down Theo, It's not like I cured cancer or something."

"No, but honestly I wouldn't be too suprised if you did. Now come on!"

He stepped towards the statue and soon dissapeard behind it.

I followed him, and watched him ply a piece of wood up from the floor. As he pulled it away it showed a small tunnel, and I assumed that was how we would get there.

"After you," He stepped to the side and put his arms up.

I made my way closer to him, "I sure hope you know what you're doing."

"Please, Princess. You may know your way around the classroom, but hidden passageways are my thing."

He shrugged his robe off and threw it in a small compartment in the tunnel, so I followed his lead. He also untightened his tie, but I kept mine on.

Glad I chose today to wear my skirt, I sarcastically thought to myself. At least it's knee length.

"So are you going or not, y/n." He prompted.

"Right! Right..." I said, climbing down to a hunching position in the tunnel.

He followed me down, pulling the wooden board back into place behind us.

"Here goes nothing." I shrugged as I plunged into the darkness.

Word Count: 808