𝟒𝟎. held hostage

Start from the beginning

Kloe's bottom lip trembled as she listened to Merle's words, knowing exactly what he was doing. She felt the hot tears coating her eyes as she gulped.

"I remember you. Yeah. You're the sneaky one, the one with nerve. You don't scare easy, do you? I like that," he stood up from the wooden table, stepping behind Glenn. "Now..." he grabbed onto Glenn's forehead, pressing his knife against his philtrum. "I wanna know where my brother is. And, just so you know, these walls are thinner than this damn blade."

He let go of Glenn's forehead, grabbing onto the blade and pulling it so it pressed hardly against him, making him grunt with pain. Kloe sealed her eyes shut as she heard her boyfriend's pained grunts.

Merle released Glenn, quickly stepping over back to where he originally was and knelt over him. "I wanna know where the sheriff is," he demanded, but instantly got stopped by Glenn banging his head into Merle's, causing him to yell with pain.

He straightened his back as he held onto his broken nose, which was now caked with fresh blood. He smashed his hand onto the wooden table with frustration before looking back down at Glenn, who only glared up at him with the angriest look he had ever seen him look. He wiped the blood away from his nose with the back of his hand, laughing slightly before smacking his own head onto Glenn's with force.

Kloe flinched, hearing her boyfriend's pained groan. Just as she opened her glossy eyes, her body jumped as Merle punched Glenn in the stomach. "Yeah!" He exclaimed before punching him across the face. "Now, I wanna know where they're hiding, where your camp is," he grabbed onto Glenn's chin, moving it to the side to face him, "and I wanna know now."

He punched Glenn across the face again. "I wanna know now!" A tear flooded out of her eye as she turned to face the opposite wall as she heard numerous more punches. "Where the hell are they?! Tell me!"

...

It was about ten minutes long of just hearing Glenn get beat up. The tears that pooled out of Kloe's eyes stained her cheeks as her bottom lip quivered. She heard Merle leave Glenn's room, meaning he was going to go in her room.

She held her breath as she heard the door to her room unlock, creaking open as the figure with a bloodied up hand stood in the doorway. Merle smirked at the young woman, raising his hand that was covered in Glenn's blood.

"Yeah. I know you heard everything in there, Klo-Klo. So, I'm not even gonna explain what's gonna happen," Merle took slow steps into the room, closing the door behind him. She stayed in silence, not even blinking as she sent the man a deathly glare. "Oh, don't give me that look, Klo. I only just want to ask you a few questions."

"I know what you want, Merle," she stated firmly, gritting her teeth as her hands that were tied up behind her trembled with fear and anger. "And I'm happy to say you won't get anything from me."

Merle smirked, laughing out of his nose. "Is that so?" He took more steps over to her so he stood beside her. "You haven't changed one bit, have you? Huh? You're still the same Kloe Schmidt that everyone adored."

She eyes Merle with the deadliest glare, and if looks could kill, Merle would be more than dead. "You're the asshole, Merle. Not Glenn. Not me. Not the people that were on the rooftop. You."

His facial expression never changed, and his smug smirk stayed put. He glanced back down at his bloodied hand, looking back up at Kloe as an even bigger smirk plastered his face. Slowly, he lifted his hand up to her face, dragging the back of it across her cheek.

She tensed as she felt a warm liquid coat her cheek, her eyes immediately beginning to tear up as she knew instantly that she was getting her cheek painted with Glenn's blood.