|CHAPTER SIXTEEN|

*ALEXIS' POV*
Last night was filled with.. surprises, I guess you can say?

I didn't even know Armon would even go that far in coming all the way to New York just to waste his time.

Niggas stay wildin.

Once I woke up, I called Dave to see what he was up to and if Aniyah was good.

Surprisingly, there was no answer. And it was already twelve o'clock noon, so he HAD to be up already.

I then called Alyssa up since Dave wasn't answering.

"Hey, Lex. What's up, girl?"

"Have you heard anything from Christian? I haven't heard anything from Dave. I tried calling him, and I got no answer."

"Very funny that you said that, because I've tried contacting Christian all morning too, and nothing. He usually ALWAYS answers my calls or texts right away."

"Do you think everything is okay?"

"Doesn't he have Aniyah? Maybe you should go over there and check on them."

"You have a point. I'll keep you updated."

I hung up the phone, then getting myself ready to go over to Dave's place.

As I was driving over there, something in my gut was telling me that something just wasn't right.

That feeling wouldn't go away the entire drive over there.

Once I pulled up to his place, I then figured out why.

Once I got out of my car, I seen that Dave's car was still here.

But then, what was on the ground left me more terrified than ever.

"OH MY GOD! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Tears from the absolute terror just started streaming out of my eyes.

Jacob, MY BABY FATHER, was laying out in front of Dave's doorstep, already dead from a gun shot wound.

Freaking out, I didn't know what to do. I ran up to the front door, starting to bang on it.

"DAVE! OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR RIGHT NOW! WHERE'S MY DAUGHTER?!"

Banging on the door a few more times, it slowly opened. Before I walked in, I took my phone out and called Maya.

"What's up, Lex? I'm at work right now."

"You need to get over here right mow! I just found Jacob dead, and I don't know where the hell Aniyah is!"

"What the fuck?! Are you serious?! You're at Dave's house?!"

"Yeah, I — wait, how did you know of Dave already..?"

"It's a long story. I'll be over in a few. Just do me a favor, and stay in your car to wait for me. Don't touch Jake. Don't go inside the house. I need you to just stay in the car, you can't tamper with evidence."