Nanjo Kojiro || Surfer vs Skateboard

▪︎

▪︎

contents: skateboarder joe tries to teach his surfer girlfriend kira how to skate (established relationship).

cw: none

Surfer vs Skateboard

"How did I let you convince me into doing this."

Kira grumbled as she looked up at the green-haired man in front of her, watching as he secured a helmet on her head.

"It's cause I'm extremely sexy and charm- hmph!" he groaned out as Kira's elbow collided with his stomach. "I mean, I'm a very convincing person."

"Yeah, okay," she muttered, swatting away his hands as he attempted to pat her on her head like she was a toddler who needed assurance from a parent.

"Come on then," he encouraged as he placed the skateboard on the floor in front of her and held out his hands.

Kira sighed as she stared down at the board, towards the slope, and back towards Joe again.

"Is it too late to quit?"

"Come on, you've got this," he gently spoke, still reaching out towards her.

"Okay," she mumbled, hesitantly placing her hands into his larger ones. The board shook slightly as she placed one foot on it, causing her to squeak and instantly want to take it back off again.

"No you don't," Joe said, firmly planting his foot on top of hers. "I'm right here. I've got you."

Kira's grip on Joe's hands tightened as he released his foot from on top of hers, and she uttered a quick prayer under her breath before fully stepping onto the board.

The woman shrieked slightly as the skateboard began to roll underneath her, and only calmed down when Joe wrapped one arm around her waist to steady her.

"Position your feet like you would as a surfer to balance yourself."

Kira listened and shifted the positions of her feet, bending her knees slightly as if she would on a surfboard. It wasn't that different... right?

"Okay, princess, I'm gonna let go now-"

"Don't you dare, Joe, I'll kill y- eeee!"

Kira's threats clearly fell on deaf ears, as she was now slowly rolling down the slope.

"Boards shouldn't have wheels, what the fuck, what the FUCK," she yelled as she began to speed up, her arms desperately flailing as she attempted to keep balanced.

She screamed as she felt herself lose balance, and immediately clenched her eyes shut in fear as she felt herself topple towards the fast-moving ground beneath her.

She opened her eyes in shock and gasped as she felt an impact, but instantly realised that she was in the familiar, strong arms of her boyfriend and not on the ground.

"You did it- ow!" Joe yelled offensively as Kira smacked him round the back of the head, but proceeded to pull her closer into his body as he continued to skate down the rest of the hill with Kira in his arms. "What was that for?" he questioned as he finally stepped off his board, arms still secured around her smaller body.

"I could've died you idiot," she yelled as she smacked him in the chest. "That wasn't anything like surfing, you're a liar."

"Yeah, yeah," he waved off with a shit-eating grin on his face. "I was skating right behind you, you were fine."

Kira only grumbled as she finally stepped back onto the ground.

"So when are we going again-"

"Never," she cut off as she began to stomp back up the hill. "I'm never stepping back onto a skateboard ever again."

"Baby, pleaseee," Joe whined as he ran after her, clutching both skateboards under one arm. "We have to be a cool skating couple, come on-"

"No."

"Please-"

"No."

"I'll cook dinner for you?"

"You do that anyway."

"I'll.. um.. um.." he started as he ran in front of her and began to walk backwards. "I'll get you a new surfboard."

Kira paused, eyebrow raised in thought. "Any board I want?"

"Absolutely any."

"Hm... okay. But no more death hills.'

"You got it."

Kira couldn't help but grin as she began to walk beside her boyfriend, her hand reaching to grasp onto his. "You have no idea what you've just agreed to. Your bank balance will never recover from this."

▪︎☆▪︎

my second post of 2022 woohoo im on a roll mhm mhm. I didn't expect my second completed one shot to be a sk8 one shot, let alone a joe one shot, so that was a surprise.

Hope you enjoyed.

A x