Chapter 27: Fixing problem

The driver assisted me in getting Mr. Dencio into the car, and we swiftly made our way to the pack hospital. Taking him to a regular hospital was out of the question since he now knew about the supernatural world. Fortunately, the driver, whom Eros had arranged for me, was a skilled pack warrior. This provided an added layer of protection and made my actions less complicated.

Currently, Mr. Dencio was in a private room at the Darkmoon hospital, under the watchful eye of an omega we had hired. I initially wanted to be the one taking care of him, feeling responsible for his condition, but the Alpha objected. Additionally, the Alpha believed that Mr. Dencio might be uncomfortable or fearful if he saw me hovering around him.

News of the incident had reached the Elders, and I couldn't help but worry about their perception of me. I was concerned that they might lose faith in my ability to fulfill my role as the pack's Luna, even though I hadn't officially assumed the position yet. The Elders demanded a meeting, and the Alpha had no choice but to comply.

Of course, despite being the Alpha, he still had to respect the rights of the other pack members.

"This is a significant predicament, Alpha. Do you have a plan for dealing with that human?" Elder Samuel asked, his tone filled with concern.

Elder Samuel's question intensified my worries about Mr. Dencio's situation. The Alpha took a considerable amount of time before responding, contemplating a suitable solution. "We cannot harm him," Alpha answered.

Elder Samuel raised himself from his seat, signaling his disagreement by raising his hand. "We cannot harm him, but he has the potential to ruin us," he reminded the Alpha.

My head dropped, and I tightly gripped my seat, feeling the tension in the room. The Alpha's brow furrowed, clearly displeased with the Elder's tone. "We are not vampires, Elder Samuel. We do not harm innocent people."

"But the situation we face now is different. It's comple-" Elder Samuel argued.

"Elder Samuel, the solution you propose goes against the principles of the Dark Moon pack!" The Alpha's voice rose, sending a shiver down my spine. "None of us are permitted to cause harm. Let us not forget that I implemented this policy when I decided to establish connections with humans." The Alpha sighed, clearly frustrated by the predicament.

Elder Samuel slumped back in his chair, conceding defeat. No matter how much he protested, the Alpha's authority superseded his own as an Elder.

"I agree with Elder Samuel's suggestion, but since you are our Alpha, I have no choice but to agree with your decision. Now, I would like to know, what are your plans for that human, Alpha?" Elder Thomas interjected calmly, demonstrating a better understanding of his role.

The Alpha responded, "Let us show that we are benevolent beings and that we will protect humans from vampires, rather than causing them harm."

Elder Samuel hissed in disagreement. "That's a risky move!"

The Alpha fixed his gaze on Elder Samuel and stated, "He witnessed the bravery of my future mate. Your Luna saved him from that vampire-"

The Alpha's words were abruptly cut off by Elder Samuel muttering, "Unfit Luna, causing trouble."

His words were louder than a whisper, causing everyone in the room to hear. All eyes turned to Elder Samuel, who immediately paled, realizing the implications of his statement. Beta, sitting quietly beside me, squinted his eyes, waiting for an opportunity to speak.

The Alpha's eyes narrowed, becoming slits. "Did you say something, Elder Samuel?"

Elder Samuel took a deep breath, a hint of fear in his eyes, and shook his head. "Nothing, Alpha. I merely stated that she is an exceptional Luna."