Don't Get Emotionally Involved

"Thresh?" He comes a bit closer, pushes me against a tree, and touches his forehead to mine.
"You tryna kiss me?"
"No, just commenting on your strategy." He grinned.
"Well, yours isn't so great either, coming to the Careers' camp."
"I know you're working with 12. Work with me. Oh, right, your boyfriend would mind."
I slap his arm. Should I open up to him, for the Capital's sympathy?
I realize that I'd discuss this with him anyway.
"He's not my boyfriend, but I wouldn't be against it. I just don't wanna get too emotionally involved with him in case I need to take him out."
"Then don't get emotionally involved with him." He kisses me passionately, lifting me off the ground. His muscles have grown, and they're nice and firm. When he let's go to get some air, I pull him closer and start crying.
"What's wrong?"
"Only one can win! And I... I love you both!"
"I just need your body. Your personality. Your humor."
"Love me in your field. If you love me, live for me." I push him away, and run back to the others. The feel of his lips lingers on mine for the entire trip back to the others.

***

It's dawn. I'm on watch, and I see Cato wake up. He runs to me, and his hands go on my lower back. His hands are right above my ass, when he pauses, and his hands move to my stomach, slowly moving up and stopping before my chest. Then he puts his lips right above mine.
"What a tease! If you're gonna play these games, just take it off already!" He kisses me, and my shirt ends up on the floor.
"I kept telling myself, don't get emotionally involved, and here we are showing the Capital Fifty Shades of Grey. How are you so good at that?"
"I did what felt good." He said, as I got dressed again.
And then the tracker hackers come raining down.