Chapter Four: New Recruits

Narrator POV

Zayto arrives at BuzzBlast with Ollie and Amelia to take a job as a reporter. There, they meet Javi Garcia, who is also there to apply for the job. Jane then assigned them both into doing two separate interviews in order to determine who is going to get the job.

Meanwhile, Gavin was at the museum checking out the Nephrite Orb.

Tristan POV

Izzy and I were at Pine Ridge High, as we did our javelin throwing.

Izzy had her headphones on, as I were with her. Suddenly three people came over to us.

"That was a good throw." The guy in Red said to us.

"Thanks." I said.

Izzy took off her headphones. "What?" She asked.

"I said that was a good throw." The guy said. "I know, 'cause I use to throw those all the time, when I was a knight." He said, as he picks one up.

"Don't hurt yourself." I said.

"Careful." Izzy said. "You're a knight? Well, I'll give you a call, if I see any dragon." She said. I chuckled.

"There are dragons here?" Zayto asked.

"Uh, he's just kidding." A guy in Blue said.

"Uh, yeah, yes, right." Red said. "Just a joke. I'm actually a reporter, I'm Zayto, I'm doing a story for BuzzBlast, and I wanna tell the story on all of your amazing skills." He told us.

"I see." Izzy said. "Sorry, I don't do interviews."

"Neither do I." I said.

"We're sorry, but we gotta improve our throw in the next meet." Izzy said.

"I'll make a deal with you." Zayto said. "I'll show you two a trick to improve your throw, and you two give me a story."

Izzy laughs. "You show me a trick you learn in Knight Training."

"What she means is, you're on, pal." I said.

"Cool, cool, cool-" Zayto starts.

"Maybe, not." Blue said.

"Um, I mean, you get more distance, if you release the spear with a slight upward angle." Zayto said. "Like this." He said, as he shows us.

"A spear?" Izzy said.

"Let's try it." I said.

Izzy did the angle. "Alright, Mr. Knight." She said, and they went back a bit.

Izzy and I got to the back, we ran forward, and threw our javelin, and it reached further then our furthest distance.

"Alright, Mr. Knight!" Izzy said.

"Yeah!" I said. "You got yourself an interview." I said, as Izzy and Zayto shook hands.

"So, you two are the top high school athletes of the state, what's your secret?" Zayto asked.

"No secret." Izzy said. "Just practice makes perfect."

"That's what your dad said." I said. "He sometimes train us, when he's not busy being a park warden."

"Really?" A girl in pink said. "Uh, strict guy, big hat, stares at people like this?" She asked, as she did a face I recognized anywhere. "He's you're dad?" She asked, Izzy.

"Technically, step-dad." Izzy said.

"You can kinda say, I'm only temporary living with them, but we're family." I said.