Chapter two: Wanna come over?

‼️TW‼️: ABUSE (UNDERLINED)

It was around 11:00 AM. Eddie woke up with a few groans, The sun crept in through his blinds and shone onto his face. Making everything way too bright and a little blurred. He groaned again as he took a deep breath and got out of bed. Eddie yawned and stretched, His limbs fell lazily to his sides and his hair fell to his shoulders, wispy and frizzy from sleep. he dragged himself to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. A long sigh left his lips as he let his eyes roll to the back of his head. His eyes felt heavy. No matter how much he slept, even if he was lucky enough to not experience his night terrors, he still never felt refreshed. he would just feel a bit less tired than usual. when he came out he went to the kitchen to find something to eat. Eddie prepared coffee and toasted some bread. He made some for Wayne as well who was sleeping in the bedroom over after his Night Shift at the plant.
..................

Eddie first met Wayne when he was around five or six years old, but only started living with him when he was 10 years old. Eddie remembers it well, it was the middle of fall. The house was silent apart from the distant laughter on the living room TV and the sound of his father snoring. Eddie tiptoed to the kitchen and made sure to avoid the familiar creaky floorboards on his way. He opened the fridge ever so slowly and reached for the bulky gallon of water, but he hadn't noticed the beer bottle that teetered near the edge.

All that could be heard was the deafening sound of glass shattering.

Eddie knew his dad's temper was as thin and easily swayed as a sheet of paper in the wind. Panic settled over him. His small body tensed when he heard the deafening shatter of the glass and the faint sizzling of the beer. He quickly fumbled around and tried to clean up before his dad could get up from his place on the living room couch, even if it meant cutting open his hands, but he wasn't quick enough.

The sound of heavy footsteps Eddie knew all too well came up behind him and loomed a shadow over him. He knew. Eddie knew what would happen. His father would hit him mercilessly. As for his mother, she would pretend not to hear his wails and desperate pleas. His dad grabbed him by the arm, forcing him up in front of him. Arm still held by a dangerous grip. Long Nails dug into his skin, like thorns. Eddie looked into the eyes of the man in front of him who had brown hair with a few strands of age, tattoos on his neck and shoulders, and yellow stains on his white tank top. Eddie didn't recognize this stranger as his father. He saw him as the never-ending agony and torture in his life. He was young but not stupid. Eddie knew he needed to leave.

His father's breath singed his nose. It was hot and covered in the smell of booze. His father didn't even speak, and if he did Eddie couldn't be bothered to remember what he said. All he could hear was static and his heartbeat. His father raised one of his hands to hit him but instinctively, Eddie ripped away. The sharp ache from his father's planted nails drew blood from his forearm, but that was the least of his worries. Through tears, he didn't even know had formed. Eddie busted through the front door. Leaves crunched and rustled under his feet as the frigid November air brushed against his ears and his wet flushed cheeks. Eddie could hear his father calling after him, and that noise alone drove him to never look back.

He didn't know where to go. Eddie didn't have any friends or family he could rely on. Except for an uncle he had met a few times before. As he continued to run he frantically tried to recall where his uncle lived. Eddie's vision was blurred and his breath was heavy. He wasn't even sure where he was going. He stopped. Looked around and took a few deep breaths. He was surrounded by nothing but grass, trees, and the moon above. His throat was dry and his lips felt chapped. Eddie looked around again, Vision a bit clearer than before, and this time he managed to see a small sign accompanied by a cluster of lights in the distance. The lights lured him further and deeper into the woods