𝐱𝐢. 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃
《𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝》

Brielle shoved her laptop into her locker, not needing it for her next class, physical education. She grabbed her change of clothes and headed down the halls to the changing rooms by the gym. She passed through the many girls chatting in the locker room, each of them taking as much to hang out before class started. Brielle changed into the clothes she worked out in and shoved her old clothes into the locker. She followed the group out to the field as the teacher talked on and on about them playing a game of soccer to work out that day. The end of the year approaching, there wasn't much left to do in physical ed. since they finished their finals early.

Brielle hated soccer. She sucked at playing and the ball always somehow smacked her in the face. She wasn't a huge fan of playing sports at all. She preferred to simply watch them. It was nice that she could sit out once hurt, though. Speaking of getting hurt...

"Watch out!" Just as she was setting down her water bottle and turning, the ball flew over and smacked her in the face. She fell down, grabbing her nose. The game hadn't even started, too.

"Shit I'm so sorry!" The girl ran over and grabbed the ball. Brielle looked up and sighed, forcing a smile and nodding.

"No worries..." she said. The coach walked over and sighed.

"Why don't you sit out for the game, Brielle? Don't worry about making anything up, this time." Brielle nodded. Her coach knew all about her luck with games, so she just allowed her to sit out for the day. It was better than Brielle continuing to get hurt.

Brielle walked to the bleachers and sat down, sighing softly as she rested her chins on her palms and rested her elbows on her knees. She watched everyone start the game. Her nose still felt numb.

"You're not playing?" Brielle looked up to the voice and saw a guy who was...sort of familiar. One of Nick's friends. Blonde hair, tall, freckles. He sat down beside her and she felt her body quickly tense.

"Uhm...no I'm not. I don't do well with sports like this. I'm used to us just running or working out." She said. He nodded.

"Ah. I'm Clay, by the way." He held his hand out and Brielle looked to it. She hesitated before shaking his hand, cringing at his strong grip.

"Brielle. It's nice to meet you." She said. Clay let go and looked back to the field.

"You're close to Nick, right?" He asked. Brielle nodded and shrugged.

"I guess you could say that, yeah. I've seen you around him, too."

"Well, I kinda have to be when I play with him." Clay chuckled. Brielle snickered and nodded.

"True." She said. The conversation fell silent and Brielle did not like how awkward it got. She hardly knew this guy and he wasn't in her classes. She didn't know why he came and sat by her just to start conversation.

"Should you...not be in class?" She asked, raising a brow. Clay shrugged.

"I have this period free. Already have all my credits and such." He said. Brielle nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, I have to get my last credit with this class." She sighed softly, "only three other people are seniors here with me."

"It's not too bad. Year's almost over." Clay responded. Brielle sighed.