𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐘𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃
《𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥》

"I want something blue. No! I want red." Brielle walked with Cassidy through the mall, passing people who flooded the halls from little kids to grown adults to angsty teens. Cassidy chuckled, sipping on the smoothie she bought from a smoothie stand. She worked for that stand at the mall, getting a discount on the smoothies she bought.

"I think black fits you really well," Cassidy said. Brielle raised a brow.

"Why? Because I give off emo vibes?" She asked. Cassidy grinned a little to herself.

"Maybe..."

Brielle smacked her shoulder and Cassidy laughed, recoiling from the hit. In all honesty, Brielle knew damn well she could pull off black, but she wanted the best color. Something that would make her stand out from everyone. She wanted Nick's eyes to be on her...

"Well, we can check out blue and red and see which one you like better." Cassidy offered. Brielle nodded as she and her friend walked into one of the mall stores. They walked through sections, looking through dresses. Some were casual, others were for nicer events. Brielle knew that she wanted to dress as nicely as possible. She found it humiliating that she wanted to impress Nick so bad, but them being official set her mind at ease a little.

"Maybe you could pull off this." Cassidy handed Brielle a blue dress. It was a little on the shiny side, clearly tight and meant to squeeze her body in. Brielle shrugged and draped it over her arm. It was worth a try. She looked through a little more, finding many random dresses to try on. Cassidy pulled out a red dress from the clothing racks.

"Here's one for red." She said. Brielle looked at the dress. It was longer than the blue one. It had more of a loose skirt, meant to flow freely. It had cold shoulder straps that were a more thin and see-through material. Brielle took it from Cassidy and added it to the small pile on her arm.

"I think I have enough to go try them on," Brielle said, looking through her small bundle of clothing. Cassidy walked with her to the dressing rooms, waiting in the small line formed.

"You excited to have your first ever and last true prom experience?" Cassidy asked. Brielle chuckled and shrugged.

"I dunno. I'm nervous...but also very excited." She said, bouncing on her toes a little. Cassidy paid attention to her body language, chuckling.

"Nick really changed you. Where's my best friend and what did you do with her?" Cassidy teased. Brielle blushed.

"I'm not different! I'm just...I'm experiencing something new, okay?" She said, defending herself. Cassidy smiled.

"Yeah. Love~" Cassidy leaned close to Brielle who shoved her back and scoffed.

"You don't get it." She said.

"Ouch." Cassidy grimaced at the comment. Brielle rolled her eyes.

"Oh, hush. I mean you're not currently experiencing it." Brielle said. Cassidy crossed her arms.

"How do you know that's true?" She asked. Brielle cracked a smile.

"Because I'd know about it by now." She said. Cassidy sighed.

"You're right..." she said. Brielle nodded and poked her head.

"Can't keep that mouth of yours shut." She said, Cassidy smacking her hand.

"Oh leave me be!" She scoffed. Brielle snorted in laughter and approached the lady at the front. The lady pointed back to one of the rooms, waving her off. Brielle headed back with Cassidy at her side, slipping into one of the rooms. She looked into the mirror and bit the inside of her cheek, setting the dresses down before taking one and taking it off of one of the clothing hangers.

"This is gonna be hard..." she mumbled to herself, staring at her body in the mirror as she stripped off her shirt and pants. Her skin puffed out over her bra a little, some folding over her panties lining. She looked at the dresses she had, worried about how they would look on her. Still, she took a deep breath and started trying on each dress.

Too tight.

Too showy.

Makes her look too fat.

Makes her look too thin.

Most importantly, red didn't look good on her. Neither did blue. Neither did green, black, gold, or any of it. She sighed and stared at the pile of dresses she had created.

"Cassidy this is pointless!" She groaned. Silence came from outside of the dressing room and she frowned. She walked to the door.

"Cassidy? You out there?" She called again.

"I'm here! Sorry, I just found a new dress for you to try. I think you'll really like it." Cassidy called back, clearly having come back from somewhere. Brielle sighed.

"Cass, no dress looks good on me..." she said.

"No! I promise you'll like it...and it's your favorite color~"

Brielle paused and then opened the door. Cassidy handed her a purple dress that was folded up. She smiled a little. The purple was a darker plum color. Just the kind she liked.

"Where's you get this?" She asked. Cassidy shrugged.

"Skimmed the aisle. Saw a lady putting it back." She said. Brielle chuckled.

"Perfect. Thanks, Cass." She said. She closed the door and turned, putting the dress on and taking a moment to zip up the back. Grunting, she finally got it on. It fit like a glove, very comfortable.

She then turned and faced the mirror. She felt her breath get taken away.

In the mirror, she saw a better version of herself than any other dress made her feel. Her body was shaped perfectly by the purple gown. It connected around the back of her neck, leaving her back open. The bust was more of a v-shape, showing off a little cleavage, but not enough to get her in trouble with her principal and teachers. It went down to right above her knees, shaping her thighs. It was a velvety texture, the dress smooth and comfortable. No skin bulging out by her armpits and no awkward stance when she wears it. It just was...perfect.

"Cassidy! Cass, it's perfect!" Brielle exclaimed in shock. Cassidy perked up from outside.

"Show me! Show me show me!" Brielle hurried out of the room, Cassidy gasping when she saw her friend.

"Oh my god, it's perfect!" She said. Brielle squealed and hopped up on her toes.

"It is!" She said, lowering back down and sighing softly.

"I just really hope Nick likes it..." she said. Cassidy rested her hands on Brielle's shoulders.

"I know he will, Brielle. You look beautiful." She said. Brielle smiled and stepped forward, hugging Cassidy.

"Thank you..."

Finally, Brielle had some confidence on her side to go to the dance with Nick.

❤︎︎