16: Finally Friends

Start from the beginning

Marcus and I were put to work on the computers. I had to ask Marcus for help considering I don't know how to program. I've done it before but the information never stuck with me. One of the main reasons we didn't finish yesterday. While Marcus and I did that, dad and Douglas continued to build what looked like a trap made out of blue bars. I don't see the use for it, then again he's an inventor. Who knows what type of experiments he does.

I felt Marcus nudge me and focused back on the computer in front of me. I tried my best to work. I wasn't much of a tech person, obviously, so I had a lot of help from Marcus. He breezed right through it. Hold up, Bree has super speed which causes breezes. Bree...breeze— wait, if Adam, Bree and Chase also have the chip, does that mean Mr. Davenport gave it to them at a young age then named them? Or did he give it to them when they were older and Bree's name was purely a coincidence? Did Douglas and Mr. Davenport work together—

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt Marcus gently hold my hand and placed it on my lap. He let go and typed on the keyboard. He quickly set up the computer I was meant to do.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"It's okay. Not everyone can be smart, princess." Marcus teased. He rolled on his chair back to his place.

"Don't call me princess." I said. Marcus chuckled and ruffled my hair. I smacked his hand away making him laugh more.

I sat up straight and inputted another program into the computer, like how Marcus taught me. I was back in the zone when I felt my phone vibrate again. I typed in the last set of codes and checked my phone. This time it was Leo.

'Come get this psycho out of my house!!'

Of course, if anyone is going to be dramatic it's Leo. Although, I get it, he has to deal with her.

"Who is it?" Marcus asked, from behind me. What's with him and being in back of me? I got startled at our close proximity we were in. He cornered me by placing a hand on my chair and the other on the desk. The computer I was assigned to was near the wall, so I had no way to roll away from the situation.

Marcus raised an eyebrow, studying me.
I wonder if he knows how that eyebrow raise affects me. Fuck, I'm staring.

"Oh, uh, just some friends." I replied. He backed away and brought his rolling chair next to me. "That could eventually become your friends." I said.

Hopefully he can befriend Adam, Bree, Chase and Leo. Marcus is a... likable... person when you get to know him, so I see no reason that they wouldn't.

Marcus sat next to me pointing out the unfinished coding. I set my phone down on the table, facing up. I was about to start typing when the screen lit up showing I've received yet another message.

Shit, I forgot about Leo. I reached for my phone and could feel Marcus piercing gaze. I sheepishly smiled at him and he shook his head. I ignore him and opened my phone anyways.

'Sorry, can't come over today.'

I hastily replied putting my phone back down. I know I have to make it up to them tomorrow now. Leo's probably gonna ask for money. While Bree would ask for a day to hang out with her. I'm not looking forward to either. Leo is very stingy with money and Bree can be too energetic for me sometimes. Especially, if it involves acting girly for a day.