Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

Emma stood up and looked over at Hook. "You know where that is?"

"Aye," Hook replied. "The whole region is deserted now. No one but Pan has set foot in those woods in centuries."

"Now, knowing that," I started. Everyone looked at me. "It makes me want to step foot there just for that reason."

"I agree," said Neal. "Let's make history."

Emma then looked over at Neal. "We're gonna need you here. Once we get Henry's heart, it's gonna be a race back. We need help on both ends."

"Okay," said Neal.

"What do you need from us?" David asked.

"Let's gather up the lost boys. Get em' aboard the Jolly Roger. Prepare the ship to fly," Neal explained.

"Let's hope you have a Pegasus sail. Otherwise, we're at the mercy of the trade winds," said Hook.

Neal holds up a coconut. "Pan's shadow is in here. It'll get us home, long as your ship holds together."

"As long as your plan holds together, she will," said Hook. I rolled my eyes.

Neal then looked at Emma. "Henry's gonna be with me the entire time. Nothing is going to happen when you two are away."

"You mean three," said Mary Margaret. "I may be trapped on this island for the rest of eternity, so if you think I'm not going to be spending my last moment's with my daughter, you're crazy."

I smile.

"And wait," I said. "I think you mean four." Everyone turned to look at me. "I'm coming too. I need to get Rumple back from that son of a bitch."

"Okay," Emma then said. "Let's do it."

                                +++

Emma, Mary Margaret, Regina and I are now in the Pixie woods. Everything was so eerie and quiet, I shivered. "Look," said Regina. I turned my head to where she was looking at. It was Pandora's Box sitting on a rock. My Rumple. My heart skipped a beat.

Emma took out her sword as we all approached the tree. I watched as Mary Margaret set aside her bag of arrow shafts and slowly moved to take the box. "Mary Margaret," I stated. "Be careful. No matter how much I want him back, Pan wouldn't have just left him behind for no reason."

"I know," said Mary Margaret. "But it's David's only way home. Without your boyfriend, Liana, we're stuck here."

I sighed.

My eyes then widened as she tried to grab the box, the vines came from behind to grab her, and then she flung backwards. "Mary Margaret!" Emma yelled. I sighed again.

Mary Margaret was now being held against the tree, entrapped by vines. Then, all of the sudden, the vines trapped me, Emma and Regina too.

"Fucking great," I said.

Pan then comes out from behind the tree. "Are you still at it? Don't you know?" He picked up the sword. "Peter Pan never fails. I didn't expect you to find me. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. You're mother's. And..." his eyes travelled to me. "Some sort of aunt? Anyway, you quite tenacious about your offspring. Believe it or not, I understand that. But if you are looking to see Henry again, I have to tell you there's only one place you'll be reunited—in death."

                               +++

"Having trouble moving?" Pan asked us, as we all struggled against the vines. I tried to conjure up my ice magic to see if I could cut us out, or at least freeze the vines, but my magic wasn't working. "Not surprised, given where you are. You see, what's hastening your demise is your regret."