Chapter 1

This fanfic isn't meant to be realistic and it's a mix between the world cup and the euros the tournaments just give me inspiration on what to write so some of the events have actually happened irl but it's not in chronological order. The players as well may be different to what tournaments they were previously in and is mostly based on the latest England squad now.

Just after winning the league in france the team for the world cup has come out and Lucy looks through the list seeing her name of course, she then looks to see any unfamiliar faces who she will meet and train with in the next few days and also a new manager.

Everyone introduces themselves and then they are put into rooms, "Leah and Georgia, Millie and Rachel, Lucy and Keira.....".

Lucy shot a look at Keira as he carries on reading the players names out and Keira looks back at her with a small smile. This is her first world cup which is probably why the manager paired her with Lucy.

We got given our hotel keys to the rooms were staying in and Lucy looked up to Keira struggling to pick up all the luggage she brought.

"Do you need a hand?",Lucy asked smiling picking up one of Keira's bags.

"Yes, thank you".Keira replied slightly embarrassed for bringing too much stuff.

They got in the lift together and headed up to their room.

Lucy swiped the key card to their room and opened the door. She held the door letting Keira walk in front of her.

"Thank you",keira replied smiling and putting down her luggage next to her double bed.

Lucy opened her mouth to reply but nothing came out, she was caught up in thought.

She closed the door and put her bags down next to her own bed.

"My bag".Keira said.

"Yes, your bag", Lucy replied shyly.

"Thanks",Keira said noticing that as she took her bag of her.

Lucy turned away and started unpacking some of her stuff trying not to seem fazed.

"This room is so big, how is there no wardrobe space".Keira stated trying to fit all her clothes in without trying to take up all the space.

Lucy turned her head and chuckled at her then walked over to try and help her.

"Why did you bring so much stuff?",Lucy replied organising her things.

"I couldn't decide what to bring so I've just got everything",Keira replied.

"You can use some of my space then",Lucy said moving Keira clothes onto her side.

"Are you sure, I mean-".

"Yes, it's fine",Lucy replied with a smile.

"Thank you".

"You say that a lot".

"Your just being nice".

Lucy shook her head whilst smiling and meeting her eye for a second then turning back around to put some of her clothes next to keira's as she didn't bring much.

When they finished packing away they sat on their beds and were deciding what to do until they had to go down for dinner.

Lucy and Keira sat opposite each other at the big table that everyone was eating at.

"How are you putting up with Luce?",Leah asked Keira.

"I mean, she's alright",Keira said sarcastically trying not to smile.