chapter 42

Have we always had a idea about where life would lead us?, should we be scared of this feeling or should we embrace it and say come what may?, uncertainty is what makes life, so In order to live you must learn to accept certain things In order to survive and that was what kalila was doing, she was embracing the fact that everything that she went through was meant to be so that she would here sitting infront of her family who was stuffing her mouth with morsels one after another, she had missed this feeling. The affection, the love everything that was associated with her family was something she had missed alot, so here was being fed like there's no tomorrow.

"Ammi I can't eat more I am full!" Kalila whined as she pulled herself away from her mother's reach, "but Kali look at yourself beta you seem like you would pass out any second." Her mother's worry was nothing to be concerned about this was a basic thing for Indian moms and kalila knew better than to get side tracked by her mother, "no ammi I can't even eat one more bite." Kalila protested as she raised her hands up in surrender while her father forwarded towards her with a morsel in his hand, "fine bacha don't eat after this, just take this one." Her father insisted as he forwarded his hand towards her making her pout but nonetheless she could never say no to her father so she took that last bite with all the will power she could muster, "that's our Kali." Her elder brother commented looking proudly at kalila making her groan, there love was overwhelming and she could feel herself getting fat in just a week of staying here.

She didn't knew what would happen if she had to stay longer, but if she stayed longer this all love and affection will fade a little. She knew how things worked in a normal chaotic Indian household and the key to be loved is to visit once in a while, she had grew up seeing how people loved those who showed up as guest and no matter how much she tried to say that this was her home, the reality was saddening. Like they say a girl doesn't has her own house unless she owns it, daughters are loved dearly both by their partner and parents but she still feels like a stranger in both of their lives, it's something that cannot be denied. "Not anymore I am this close to puking." Kalila announced as she placed her hand in a singing with her index finger and her thumb indicating how close she was to puking.

(🤏 my patience with handling life and kalila's indication at the moment. )

"Ammi we should let Kali be, she might feel suffocated if we keep acting this way." Her bhabhi saved her making kalila sigh in relief as she saw everyone move away from her with a slight look of understanding on their faces, "I am all healthy now, you guys need to stop worrying about me." She stated her eyes narrowing the slightest bit as she scowled looking at their reaction, a sigh escaped her lips as the look of concern was still on their faces, kalila's eyes roamed around the room and stopped at the silent character who has been sitting on that couch observing them for hours, he didn't really leave her alone ever since she woke up he has always been around, once he tried to approach her but she had gave him a quick and short answer that she would deal with him once she returns back,right now all she wanted to concentrate on was her family and her words made loki maintain a distance from her. Her family was still annoyed by his presence but none showed much however much to kalila's dismay her mother has started to warm up to loki making her feel a little betrayed but see knew there was something that made her mother's behavior change towards him, something kalila had yet no ideas about.

"Bhabhi when is you next appointment?" Kalila questioned her bhabhi who sat beside her with a smile on her face, kalila has been the spoiled one in the family and to say that her bhabhi loved her as much as her brother loved to annoy her would only be the best way to explain it. "Maybe next week. How about we go to shopping once you are all well?" Her bhabhi's question catch kalila off guard as her head snapped towards loki who was already looking at her not saying a word, "umm I don't think I will be staying long, I might leave in a day or two." Kalila's voice was quite but it was loud enough for her bhabhi to hear her clearly who just went silent for a minute, "are you..sure?" She questioned making kalila sigh loudly,  as much as she hated to admit it she couldn't deny that loki was trying to give her time but she could also see how he was starting to get restless, who wouldn't be restless when there whole trillion worthy buisness was at stake. She had also noticed after her cousins mentioned that loki would not leave her alone in a room with anyone aside her family and she knew for some obvious reason that it had to do with the fact of him knowing about the whole childhood harassment trauma she went through.