chapter 29

"so that's all for today , we would end today's meeting here, you all may have you leave , keep up your energy everyone !." loki announced with a bright smile as everyone smiled at him and then started to leave after muttering a thank you , with in two minutes the whole office room was empty only three people beside loki was left inside the room, Chris ,tom and loki's assistant who was collecting her things as the presentation has ended . "Luna could you do me a favor?" loki asked sweetly as he saw her ready to leave , "for what I remember you give orders not ask favors ." she teased making loki chuckle,  loki was only good a very few people and his assistant came in one of them . "yeah what ever , anyway can you please go and check on my girlfriend, it is very likely that she would have been getting bored alone ." loki requested making her smile brighten , "ofcourse sir ." Luna replied exaggerating the sir part only to make loki role his eyes , "ever heard of an employ being fired for teasing their boss ?" loki threatened making her bite her lip to hold back a giggle,  "sorry sir." she said as she gave a small bow and then started to walk out of the meeting room just as she was totally out she peeped in. "I forgot to say something." luna said making loki look at her , "your girlfriend is extremely beautiful and cute,  it would be better if you keep an eye cause I have a feeling that boys would die to get her ." Luna stated making loki smirk , "well thank you for you useless advice ." loki said making her roll her eyes as she left .

then he turned his attention to his friends who sat in their chair smirking , "what ?" he asked them as he saw their suspicious stare , "chris doesn't it seem like a cliche affair kind of  thing ?" Tom asked making loki roll his eyes , "oh please I don't have time for any other women aside brown sugar ." loki declared making both of his friends snicker, "why don't you say straight away that kalila has you wrapped around her pinky finger ." chris teased making loki frown , "whatever atleast I am not going around trying my luck on all womens and not like I am too shy to ask anyone out ." he stated back making both tom and chris roll their eyes ,"okay enough of nonsense, did the thing that happened in the morning affected her alot?" tom asked loki with a concerned loki in his eyes making him sigh , "yeah it did , though she got back to normal soon after the incident , she was again becoming silent every now and then and would ask weirdly serious questions. " loki said and sighed making both the guys nod in understanding, "it is acceptable she isn't the type who seems like to even have seen an accident so seeing a dead person could be really disturbing. " chris said making loki frown , "you are right,  I should stay around her ." loki said as he got up from his chair and along side him the other two also rose up from their seats , "you take care of her we will meet you in the evening. " chris said and tom nodded in agreement then they all left to go their own separate ways , when loki reached his office , he saw kalila standing by the glass wall that showed the whole view of the city , she stood there with her right hand placed on the wall while she seemed lost in her own thoughts, her face held a smile while as she closed her eyes and smiled .

when loki saw her smile he felt a little relieved when he saw the smile on her face , "brown sugar?" loki called but got no reply not even a single movement from her , this made him furrow his eyebrows was she ignoring him ?, loki questioned himself and then shook his head at the thought.  he started to approach her and saw that she was now looking down at her phone and smiling as her lips were moving quickly as if she was saying something. when he reached her he quickly snatched her phone from her hand making kalila jump a little as she had just noticed loki's presence.  "what are you doing?" kalila whisper yelled while loki checked her phone,  "who were you talking to?" loki asked her making her knit her eyebrows as she titled her head and thought about what loki was talking about. "I wasn't talking to anyone. " she answered back with a plain face as she removed the earphone that she had in her ears . "really?, then what were you smiling about and then what were you saying before I got your phone ?" loki questioned his dangerous self was starting to show off as he started to back kalila against the wall. "arey arey wait wait you misunderstood something, let me explain. " kalila declared as she placed her hand on loki's shoulder blade and pushed him a little back before she would have been totally pinned to the wall . "okay tell me ." loki said as he waited for kalila to speak , "so I was not talking to anyone but listening to hadiths and the thing is that when ever we hear the mention of the prophets we recite darood so I was doing that and you thought I was talking to someone ." kalila explained as she shrugged before looking back at loki with a offering smile , "and what about the big smile you had ?, it seemed similar to the one you have when you talk to your parents. " loki said making kalila chuckle,  "yeah I understand what you mean , but whenever I hear hadith it feels really nice like it really likely to hear all those things the prophets did ,like for the way they loved there wives it is awesome ." kalila told to loki who nodded in understanding, "it seems I got the wrong idea ." he said as he turned his face away  in embarrassment,  "why can't talk to guys ?or is it like you want me to stay away from everyone I know?,are you tryna cage me ?,.." kalila bombard loki with questions with a mischievous smile on her face as soon as loki turned his head towards her she quickly changed her face expression to a sympathetic one .