The Lost Prince Pt.2

Start from the beginning

Heading to the outskirt of the village he found the orchard, walking in deeper before reaching the same ancient rock path as before. He followed the crooked and weathered path until he reached the edge of the orchard, where a garden wall and open wooden gate stood. He didn't know whether the male he had seen the day before was there, but he was lured in by the sound of deep yet soft humming, like the songs danced to in the village. 

He took slow steps as he entered the garden, finding a range of farm animals and a large bed full of vibrant and well-tended plants. The smell of fresh herbs caught his attention, and he imagined how delicious the meals cooked with them must be. He noted the walls of the garden were high, not giving sight to the town or the houses nearby, but the space was cared for and peaceful. 

He was too caught up in his discoveries that a loud clang and gasp made him jump and turn around. Staring at him with wide eyes, perfectly round and clear like a doe, was the man he had seen yesterday, looking ethereal in the moonlight. It was like he was sculpted from the clearest and smoothest marble. The clang came from the clippers the male was holding, ones used to tend to grass or bushes, and it echoed loud and clear into the pregnant silence between them. Bakugou would have stayed frozen there if not for the sight of red trickling down the man's hand. 

"You're bleeding." he frowned, forehead crease deepening at how the male retreated when he came closer. "I won't hurt you, I assure you."

The male looked torn for a moment, a flicker of curiosity on his features before he schooled a neutral expression and retreated into the house. Bakugou followed, wanting to talk more as well as make sure the man was okay, and saw a skilled hand carefully wrapping a cream bandage around a red-stained palm. It was clean and precise, as if this had happened many times before. 

He stayed watching as the man brushed aside his injury and went to grab the bundle of laundry laying in a woven basket, picking it up and heading towards the door. 

"... E-excuse me." The male spoke, clear but quiet, and Bakugou stood to the side to let him pass before he mentally facepalmed.

"Let me help you with that, for being the cause of your injury."

"..."

"Please?" asked Bakugou, wincing at the uncertainty in his tone.

He was observed for a moment before the stranger nodded his head in confirmation, and he took a pile of clothes in his arms and spread them across the line. He tried to mimic how he saw the servants do so many times, when he ran away from his dull geography lessons, but when a warm presence stood next to him he stopped.

"It's like this." the male spoke, and demonstrated how to use the clips to correctly hang the washing.

"Ah, I see." There was more silence between them, Bakugou itching to break it. "You seem very skilled at this. Your house and garden is beautiful, I suppose you learned some of your skill from your servants?"

It was true: the house was larger than most in the town that he had seen so far, and the garden, dare he say, was more beautiful than the one at his home in Deika. Yet, he grew confused when the male frowned.

"I take care of the house... They are my tasks." The male said, and Bakugou assumed the frown was due to being compared to a servant. Unless, he was one? Surely not, with his beauty and grace it is highly unlikely. He decided to change the topic of conversation, realising he hadn't even introduced himself.

"My name is Bakugou Katsuki." he began. "It is a pleasure to meet you. What's your name?"

At this, the male once again tensed and observed him for a long time. He looked at every limb and feature until Bakugou felt he could see right into his soul. Had he met many people in his life?