What if...Astrid Trained Toothless?

Toothless, the main dragon character of the trilogy.  Toothless the dragon, shot down by his future rider, Hiccup.  But, what if, someone else shot him down.  What if...it was Astrid?

HTTYD# 1

Astrid was part of the "Fire Team" (As I call them) when we are first introduced to Hiccup's friends. But then, Astrid sees the night fury. She sees Hiccup trying to leave, she pushes him away, keeping him safe from harm, knowing that he's the son of Chief Stoick the Vast, one of the greatest Dragon Hunters in the world. She takes his little machine and takes it to a similar place to where Hiccup brought it. She wouldn't do this for glory like Hiccup would've, but do it for the safety of others. She would see the night fury and fire the machine. The dragon would fall just like in the original timeline. Astrid then hears something behind her, she turns to see Hiccup, amazed by her aiming skills. They both hear something then and see a Monstrous Nightmare. The two run away. Stoick, like the original timeline, saves them. Stoick thanks Astrid and scolds Hiccup as usual. Hiccup explains everything that happened. Stoick still says, "No." about getting a search mission. Astrid, however, is determined to find out and take down the night fury. She would go to the forest, knowing that there are times she acts before she thinks. She then finds a sleeping night fury. She would almost be excited that her first dragon kill was a night fury. She then raises her ax, ready to kill the night fury. She then looks into the eyes of the dragon. Since she really hasn't killed anyone or anything before, she would most likely be Hiccup at this moment. She would then lower her ax slowly, deciding not to take its life. Basically that whole scene was pretty much the same, except that it's Astrid freeing the night fury. So, skipping the night-fury-almost-killing-Astrid scene, she would wonder if she should go to Hiccup and explain what had happened, since he should probably be the first since he was gonna go find the dragon anyway, however, she wouldn't know if he'd just kill Toothless for his own glory.  The next change would be when she begins training Toothless, she would have a lot of trouble however, since she does not have the materials to make the tail, but Toothless' attack IQ would go up much faster.  Hiccup's curiosity would one day become too much and he would go after and try to find Aatrid and find her with Toothless.  Astrid would tell Hiccup that she feels safer if this thing was kept secret, Hiccup would look at her with a guilty expression, telling her that he hates to lie to the one person he cares for, but Hiccup would eventually agree with Astrid.  The two would then meet up with the night fury, and begin to train it together as Hiccup makes the new tail, with Astrid as its rider. Hiccup would go for Toothless as its name. Astrid and Toothless would begin their training to ride and fly. As for training at home, Astrid would probably teach Hiccup how to fight. Eventually, the three would go on a ride in the night, similar to the Hiccup-and-Astrid night ride. They find the nest of dragons. As they return home, Hiccup thinks that he should tell his dad about what they just saw, Astrid would refuse, saying that telling his dad would mean explaining Toothless and leading to his death. Hiccup would look at Astrid, feeling even more unsure about everything. Hiccup would probably end up fighting the monstrous nightmare, as the fight sort of begins, Hiccup pulls off the same thing. Toothless would hear Hiccup's screams and rush to save his rider's friend. Toothless would finally arrive and the Vikings-vs-Toothless fight would still be the same, only both Astrid and Hiccup trying to stop the fight. Toothless would ready his fire blast as he knocks down Stoick, Hiccup's dad. The combined yells of both Hiccup and Astrid would stop him though. The vikings then pin Toothless on the floor. The Stoick-and-Hiccup-big-talk scene would come into play, but with Astrid by his side. Stoick would learn about the nest and the viking army would leave, with Toothless held captive. Hiccup, Astrid, would teach their friends to ride their dragons and eventually arrive with a struggling army against the Red Death. Hiccup in this timeline would ride Stormfly, the deadly nadder. Astrid would tell Hiccup to aid the others once he drops her off on a burning ship and free the still chained up Toothless. The boat would sink, Astrid tries to help Toothless, but is pulled out by Stoick, Toothless comes up with Stoick. Hiccup would arrive, asking if Astrid and Toothless were okay, before they take off, Stoick would tell them that he's very sorry, they'd accept his apology and aid the others. The fight, like the original timeline, would eventually turn into a one-on-one fight. The fight would be the same way. Hiccup would run around the debris of what's left of the Red Death, he'd then find Toothless with Astrid. He'd feel and hear her heartbeat. Strid would wake up to see Hiccup and Toothless waiting for her. They'd go outside, after realizing that Astrid may have lost a leg, and discover that Berk has become a dragon friendly place.

HTTYD Series

With Astrid as the leader of the team, there probably would've been a few crazy close calls. But nothing too much would change. Only that, Astrid would've been more of the hunted one in some of those Bounty Hunter episodes.

HTTYD 2

The beginning of this movie would be the same, except Hiccup and Astrid have swapped places. Astrid, with a glider that Hiccup made for her, would be able to fly. She'd meet up with a troubled Hiccup, who was just given the future-chief talk. They'd still meet Eret Jr. aka Eret Son of Eret. They'd still escape and meet up with Stoick, Hiccup would probably still be the peace-loving dude he was in the original timeline and ride out with Astrid easily catching up to him. The two meet up with Eret again and get "saved" by their friends. Hiccup would ignore his enraged dad and fly away again, this time, taking a much more stubborn Astrid with him. They meet with a lady, aka Hiccup's mother, Valka, but they don't know just yet, and get separated like the original timeline. Hiccup and Astrid meet the dragons at the ice nest and meet Valka. She shows the two the nest. And Hiccup and Astrid tell Valka about Berk changing, Valka would probably believe them because Astrid is not of their family, but in the original timeline, I figured that she was truly convinced when she was reunited with Stoick, so she might think that only Hiccup and Astrid are different. Meanwhile, Snotlout would probably play Astrid and cause the team to get Eret to get them to Drago and get captured. Hiccup and Astrid would meet up with Stoick, leading to a family reunion. Drago, however, arrives and attacks the nest. Astrid and Toothless meet up with Dargo while Hiccup, his team, and a reformed Eret fight the dragon army. Astrid tries to stop Drago, but the only result ends with the two fighting. Drago, being more beefy, knocks Astrid down, and his bewilder beast kills Valka's. Drago has the new Alpha tell Toothless to kill Astrid. Hiccup and Stoick, run to save her. Hiccup, being smaller and trained by his friend, gets there just a little bit before Stoick does and tackles Astrid to the ground. Astrid sees Hiccup, alive, but gravely injured. Drago then lets the Alpha let go of Toothless' mind. Stoick lives, but at the near cost of Hiccup's life. The team's dragons leave, being controlled by the Alpha. Toothless tries to move Hiccup, but Astrid, filled with rage, pushes him away, leading to him being captured by Drago. Hiccup is nursed back to full health. They then take the baby dragons. They arrive at Berk, covered in ice. Astrid is able to bring Toothless out of the Alpha's mind control. The final battle scene plays out the same. Hiccup's parents are reunited, and Astrid becomes the rider of the new Alpha, Toothless.

HTTYD 3

The beginning of this timeline is mostly the same. The raid, Toothless sort of noticing the Light Fury, the team bringing back the dragons. Stoick would probably still be chief since he did not die in the previous timeline. And that whole marriage thing with Hiccup and Astrid would still be talked about. Hiccup and Astrid would meet the Light Fury the same way. Grimmel would come into either Astrid's house since it's obvious that Toothless would be there, or he might go to Hiccup's house, because he's like the number 1 friend of all dragons and also because he's thinking about moving away from Berk to protect his people. He might end up going to Hiccup though in the end. The house fight would play out normally, although Stoick is still breathing. Hiccup would say that it is too dangerous to stay any longer, with Astrid and Stoick supporting him the most. They would leave Berk and eventually find New Berk. Toothless would have his first date, and would get Hiccup to make the new tail to meet the Light Fury. Valka would give everyone the news of Grimmel tracking them somehow. The team would then head to Grimmel while Stoick stays behind to watch over his people. The sneak scene would play out the same. After the failed stealth raid, Astrid and Hiccup search for Toothless. They find him, but see that he now has the Light Fury. They'd come back after they get saved by the night fury. Grimmel attacks New Berk and takes its dragons the same way. Astrid would feel hope fading from her soul, but Hiccup would encourage her to fight back. Hiccup, his friends and family would all fight the armies. Astrid and Toothless fly after Grimmel as he flies on a mind-controlled Light Fury. Toothless would use his new electric bursting ability. Astrid would knock Grimmel down as they hang onto the Light Fury. The Berkians would win, but the hopes of the first Dragon Utopia would probably be smashed. Astrid would let go of Toothless and the dragons. She would marry Hiccup soon after, Stoick would retire as chief and pass it onto his son, Hiccup.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

Sorry if things didn't change too much, hehe...